BloombergNEF - Digital Designer (12 Month Contract)
Posted Feb 11, 2020 - Requisition No. 81272
This position is classified as falling inside IR35.
User centred design is everything. It is what drives you to turn bold ideas into state-of-the-art solutions that solve the toughest problems, so you can improve how people work and use our product.
As a digital design specialist, you know what it takes to communicate a message on mobile and web platforms. If you are passionate about creating design led services for the solutions we provide to users, we would like to meet you.
You will be based in our London office as part of the Product team, for Bloomberg NEF - the world's leading independent provider of analysis, tools, data and research to decision makers leading the future of energy, transport, technology, and commodities. Our team of experts, spread across six continents, provides independent analysis and insight, working with the largest corporations across utilities and generation, oil & gas, resource firms, equipment manufacturers, banking and finance, and government.
Available online, on mobile and on the Terminal, BNEF is powered by Bloomberg’s global network of 19,000 employees in 176 locations, reporting 5,000 news stories a day. Visit https://about.bnef.com or request more information via https://about.bnef.com/contact .
We’ll trust you to:
- Design in the digital space, with a focus on iOS and Android mobile platforms, and web services
- Work with Product Team to ensure features employ best-in-class UX
- Ensure consistent branding and implement our BNEF design guidelines
- Explore multiple design directions in a rapid, iterative manner, and be able to incorporate feedback from the Lead Designer and Product Owners
- Influence how look, feel and motion affect the user experience
- Work closely with the development and test teams to ensure your work is correctly implemented and brought to life in the way you designed it to be
We’d love to see:
- Communicate in a clear, consistent and transparent manner and be able to present your work clearly and confidently to senior stakeholders and team members alike (e.g. storytelling, storyboards, mood boards, prototypes, etc.).
- Experience with Agile development process- Empathy and desire to understand the customers’ point of view
- Give data meaning through information visualization
- Knowledge of motion design
You should have:
- Master's degree in Interaction Design, Interface Design, Human Computer Interaction, Fine Arts or Graphic / Communication Design with emphasis on UX Design or similar work experience
- At least 3+ years of in-house agency experience or relevant industry experience on digital playgrounds
- Experience driving and applying user-centred design processes while working collaboratively with cross-functional teams including engineering & product management
- Informed about design standards for mobile operating systems and platforms as iOS and Android
- A pixel-perfect attention to detail, with a keen appreciation for colour, type and layout
- An expert at designing for mobile and desktop across screen sizes with a good understanding of interactive patterns and motion
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, Anima or similar UX prototyping tool
- Ability to work independently and identify and solve problems effectively and efficiently
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or email@example.com.