BloombergNEF - Wind Analyst
Posted Sep 1, 2021 - Requisition No. 93842
BloombergNEF (BNEF) is seeking a talented, highly motivated individual to join our wind analysis team in London and write new research on the transformation of the wind energy sector. Specifically, the successful candidate will undertake primary research and analysis on the offshore and onshore wind sector.
To succeed at BNEF we need people who can work in an independent manner and show initiative to develop their own viewpoints, yet be collaborative with colleagues. We don't rely on the status quo, we look for innovative yet pragmatic thinking that turns big ideas into real insights and impact. Working at BNEF sometimes feels chaotic; we need teams that are both dynamic and structured to generate the unique perspectives our clients really value. Our teams are diverse, creative, focused, and fun!
At BloombergNEF (BNEF), we help our clients gain a clear perspective on the technologies and financial, economic and policy trends driving the energy transformation. BNEF is online, on mobile and on the Terminal. We are a subscription service providing research and analysis to key stakeholders across the energy value chain. For more information about BNEF, go to https://about.bnef.com/.
You will be based in our London office, working as part of a global research team at BloombergNEF (BNEF) – the world's leading independent provider of analysis, tools, data and research to decision makers leading change in the energy system. Our data-driven research helps clients stay on top of developments across the energy sector, supported by the unique depth and breadth of the Bloomberg Terminal and bnef.com platforms.
You will join as an analyst covering the European onshore and offshore wind markets as well as some other global markets and broader wind industry trends. Together with the wind energy team, you will identify topics of client interest and importance, conduct independent research, generate insightful findings, and produce written reports of publishable quality.
You will collaborate with a high degree of professionalism with colleagues and clients from different cultures and countries, in person and remotely. You’ll also develop an internal and external network of industry contacts in order to gather insights, identify trends and collect information. You will be working with colleagues and clients based around the world – periodic travel is expected.
We will trust you to:
- Become an expert on the wind sector and the wider clean energy industry
- Research, analyze and write about the latest developments in the sector, including policy developments, technology trends, clean energy deployment, competitive analysis of key player strategies, and other relevant topics
- Write and publish reports in English; conduct fundamental market analysis in Excel
- Explain your research to clients via email, telephone and in-person meetings
- Deliver presentations at industry events
- Build a reputation in industry for your insightful commentary and analysis of the sector
You’ll need to have:
- Intellectual curiosity, interest in and enthusiasm for the energy industry; a desire to become a leading wind expert
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Good communication skills: writing (for research reports, in English) and speaking (for presentations at conferences, to clients, or to the media)
- Confidence conducting numerical analysis and a strong working knowledge of MS Excel
- Ability to think critically and develop thoughtful opinions by cutting through the noise of data, finding key patterns, applying judgment to the claims of industry participants and asking insightful questions
- Ability to distill and communicate complex topics to non-specialist audiences.
- Good time management skills, initiative and ability to work on multiple projects at once.
We would love to see:
- A Masters’ Degree in either Economics, Business, Finance, Engineering, Mathematics, or Physics, with a focus on energy
- Experience with analytical tools, software and coding such as QGIS, SQL and Python
- Experience analyzing the wind sector, European energy markets or European energy policy through an internship, academic research, or prior work experience
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps- but in the meantime feel free to browse this: https://about.bnef.com/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or firstname.lastname@example.org