Posted Jun 10, 2022 - Requisition No. 104340
BloombergNEF is looking for an editor to join a small global team that works across all of BNEF’s publications and events, editing and writing for all Bloomberg’s platforms. The role will be based in London and requires a keen interest in the challenges of decarbonization and climate change, data-based research and the narratives around one of the biggest stories of our time. The editor will be responsible for editing research reports and shorter stories for the Bloomberg Terminal and well as writing features and conducting interviews.
BNEF encourages collaboration and creativity, the ability to work in a team and also take the initiative. All members of the editorial team do a wide range of tasks and engage with analysts and reporters around the world working in a very wide range of topics. The role requires the ability to absorb a wide variety of information and work with and adapt to developments in editorial tools and products.
We’ll trust you to:
- Be familiar with the usual editing suites, including Excel.
- Have an understanding of the energy sector and its evolution over the last decade.
- Have an understanding of finance and markets.
- Handle publications from single charts through to large flagship reports, write your own features and interviews, and participate in BNEF events.
You'll need to have:
- Strong command of English
- Experience in editing (relevance of experience more important than length of experience)
- Flair in writing
- Inter-personal and team skills
- Clear interest in the low-carbon transition for energy, transport and industry, and in sustainability generally
- Good understanding of European and international current affairs
- Knowledge of Excel
- Attention to detail
We would love to see:
- Other languages
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or firstname.lastname@example.org