BloombergNEF Pioneers Project Manager
Posted Aug 26, 2021 - Requisition No. 93649
Bloomberg is looking for a motivated and enthusiastic candidate to join our BloombergNEF (BNEF) team for 7 months (October 2021-April 2022). The successful candidate will be the project manager for BNEF’s Pioneers program, an annual innovation competition that identifies and promotes climate-tech startups and innovators addressing the challenge of climate change and the transition to a low-carbon economy.
During the seven-month role, the successful candidate will work closely with BNEF’s Technology & Innovation team, BNEF’s head of client relations and with all global research teams.
You’re someone with an enthusiasm for technology and an understanding of clean tech and climate tech, who enjoys building professional networks. You are very organized, good at managing your time and sticking to deadlines. You work well in a structured environment but also have experience with self-managing. Teamwork is important to you, and you are excited by the prospect of working with colleagues and clients from a wide range of backgrounds.
What’s the role?
- You will scan the market for early-stage startups and other innovators with products that help decarbonize industry and tackle climate change, along the lines of the chosen themes for Pioneers 2022
- You will solicit companies to apply to the Pioneers competition, collect applications and distribute them to the BNEF analyst judges
- You will be in charge of the project timelines and schedules. Keeping all the internal and external stakeholders to deadlines
- You will communicate with the BNEF analyst judging teams to run the selection process and you will manage those meetings
- You will manage, and help to write, the booklet with the competition finalists profiles
- You will be the main point of contact for all competition applicants, for the finalists and for the winners.
- As part of the work you will be responsible for helping write a report on the winners and innovation themes. This might include technology evaluation, company profiles and coordinating BNEF analysts to write chapters.
- You will be involved in updating and editing the Pioneers website, and coordinating with Bloomberg’s marketing team
You need to have:
- BA or BSc degree and some relevant work experience (for example, in project management)
- Clear interest in climate change and the decarbonisation of transport, buildings and industry
- Intellectual curiosity, interest in new technologies and how they work, and their impact on industry and energy
- Knowledge of, or interest to learn about, early-stage companies, how they scale, how they choose business models
- Attention to detail and good organizational skills
- Communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to quickly understand, distill and communicate complex topics
- Confidence in conducting research calls and communicating with senior industry contacts, early stage companies and BNEF colleagues
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Understanding of social media
Nice to have:
- An education in engineering and/or science
- Previous experience in building industry networks and communicating with industry players
- Previous experience of project management
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or email@example.com