BloombergNEF: Hydrogen Analyst – 12 month contract
Posted Jan 30, 2023 - Requisition No. 113773
*This is an initial 12 month contract*
We are seeking a highly motivated, talented individual to join our Hydrogen analyst team to conduct research and analysis on the role of hydrogen in decarbonization. Your key task will be to create a model for estimating clean hydrogen demand based on data in BloombergNEF’s Hydrogen Project Database, write up the results and work with other teams at BNEF to automate the process.
You’re someone with a keen interest in the decarbonization of hard-to-abate sectors who wants to understand the role hydrogen can play in a clean energy future. You develop original opinions through critical examination and you enjoy communicating these in writing and speech. Your quantitative skills are very strong, you are passionate about developing insights and analyzing market trends, and have a good eye for detail. Teamwork is important to you and you are excited by the prospect of collaborating with colleagues and clients from a wide range of backgrounds.
You will be working as part of a global research team at BloombergNEF – the world's leading independent provider of analysis, tools, data and research to decision makers leading the transition to a low-carbon economy. Our data-driven research helps clients stay on top of developments across the automotive and energy industries, supported by the unique depth and breadth of the Bloomberg Terminal and bnef.com platforms.
This position will be for a fixed term (12 month) period to start as soon as possible. Opportunities to extend this contract may come available.
We will trust you to:
- Design and develop a model for estimating clean hydrogen demand based on data in BloombergNEF’s Hydrogen Project Database
- Conduct research on the policy, technology and economic factors shaping the global hydrogen industry. -This includes areas such as evaluating the economics and feasibility for hydrogen storage and transport, calculating the economics of hydrogen consumption and production across different technology pathways, assessing policies to support the scale-up of new industries and analyzing investments and company activities in clean hydrogen.
- Gather and organize data sets pertaining to these topics
- Publish written research on topics as above
- Carry out quantitative analysis, market sizing, policy/regulatory research and forecasting
- Speak with industry figures and BloombergNEF clients to gather information and opinions
- Address clients’ questions in a timely manner and present the team’s research to clients, prospective clients and at conferences
We’ll need you to:
- Demonstrate an interest and enthusiasm for the hydrogen sector
- Have excellent critical thinking and strong quantitative skills
- Have knowledge of SQL and Python
- Have fluent English and good communication skills: writing (for research projects) and speaking (for presentations)
- Have excellent working knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- Derive information from public sources and in person / telephone interviews
- Act as a self-starter, have a high work rate and ability to work on parallel tasks with attention to detail
- Work closely with other teams at BloombergNEF, including our Data, Industry Decarbonization, Transport and Natural Gas sector teams
We would love you to:
- Have a graduate degree in sciences, engineering, or economics
- Have experience in the energy sector
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know that the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or email@example.com