Brand Strategist, Global Brand Team — 12 Month Contract
Posted Dec 5, 2022 - Requisition No. 108299
The Studio is Bloomberg's in-house creative group. We work on assignments for digital, print, environmental, interactive and broadcast projects. The Studio has outstanding writing, design, production and content capabilities. Our creative team has a strong hands-on and highly collaborative approach to both campaign concept development and graphic design systems. The team ensures ideas are realized to world class standard execution. The Studio drives projects across the full spectrum of Bloomberg, rolling out campaigns both internally and externally. The team works across a global workflow, with staff in all our major offices.
The roleThe Bloomberg Studio is looking for a brilliant strategist who can conceive, develop, pitch and execute powerful narratives that strategically deliver for our brand and audiences. In this role you will be acting as a critical strategic mind on a cross-disciplinary team of writers, art directors, producers and brand strategists to articulate and evangelize the Bloomberg brand platform to a diverse array of audiences across the globe. What we are really looking for is someone who combines a passion for and understanding of brand strategy with the confidence to develop and execute integrated marketing programs.
We will trust you to:
- Develop new strategies to drive effective and successful brand campaigns.
- Partner with internal clients, stakeholders and colleagues across marketing to conceive and pitch proactive ideas in service of the global Bloomberg masterbrand.
- Consult with marketing colleagues to help shape unformed or unclear business requests into thoughtful marketing strategies aligned to our brand.
- Collaborate with the market research team in order to keep up to date with customer trends and sentiment to help inform our brand work.
- Develop and lead executive-level presentations of creative ideas, concepts and activations that underscore how the recommended activity would align-to and ultimately drive key performance indicators for the Bloomberg masterbrand.
- Author, present and manage-to inspiring creative briefs that include clear articulations of the business opportunity/challenge, the corresponding value proposition, and suggestions on how to approach creative solutions leveraging omni-channel strategies (digital, experiential, print, environmental, etc.).
- Consult on brand architecture, positioning, and/or messaging-related requests for the Bloomberg brand system.
- Stay up-to-date on the latest cultural trends, industry advancements, creative tides and the like.
- A minimum of 6 years working in an advertising and/or marketing management and/or consulting capacity (in-house or agency) developing marketing strategies, leading creative brand programs and executing those programs from beginning-to-end.
- Expert communicator, presenter and collaborator; this role will frequently interact with senior leadership and requires a high-degree of confidence presenting and listening.
- A track record of success in proactive, systems-oriented thinking with experience providing objective, actionable feedback to creative and design partners.
- Collaborative, focused, enthusiastic, detail-oriented, highly-organized and confident communicator.
- A knack for explaining the complex simply: from financial market details, to positioning and messaging development,
- Expert time management skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and an adept ability to strike the right balance between strategic thinking and fast-moving decisiveness.
- Familiarity with primary and secondary research methodologies and tools, and comfort interpreting research findings to inform strategy development, is helpful but not required.
- Experience working with Adobe Creative Cloud (including Illustrator, Photoshop) is helpful, but not required.
You will need to have:
This is an in-office position out of our London office, so you need to be able to commit to an on-site role.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or firstname.lastname@example.org