Breaking News Editor - London
Posted Mar 12, 2019 - Requisition No. 74085
Bloomberg News is one of the biggest financial and business news organizations in the world. We lead the way in breaking news about financial markets, enabling readers, viewers and listeners to stay a step ahead.
You are a sharp and focused journalist that thrives under the pressure of breaking news in real-time. From the London newsroom you will use your strong news judgement to provide terminal clients with high quality, actionable reporting that informs key decision makers.
You'll join a team of breaking news editors covering breaking news on the U.K. markets. This will include spotting and reporting key news, regardless of the source, including but not limited to social media, a central banker's speech, regulatory filings or press statements.
We'll trust you to:
- Make smart, fast and decisive judgement calls on breaking news
- Write potentially market-moving first versions of stories that explain the `why' in addition to the `what'
- Be aware of the major news stories and trends that matter to financial and business clients
- Provide on-the-spot decisions on topics including M&A, IPOs, corporate earnings, government news and other global events
- Collaborate with global bureaus and teams across Bloomberg to deliver this-just-in news across all platforms
You need to have:
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Experience in financial journalism
- Proven experience in producing copy under deadline pressure
- Knowledge of the economy, financial markets and business
- Experience working in a real-time news environment
- Fluency in English
We’d love to see:
- Proficiency in reading languages other than English including but not limited to German, French, Arabic, Dutch or Italian
- Familiarity with automation, machine learning and/or natural language processing
- Proven skill at collaborating and working across teams to accomplish goals
If this sounds like you:
Apply! If we think you're a good match, we'll get in touch with you to let you know next steps. In the meantime, check out:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.