Breaking News Editor - based in Beijing / Shanghai
Posted May 17, 2019 - Requisition No. 75173
The global breaking news team sits at the heart of our newsrooms. We deliver valuable information to trading clients as they unfold. To achieve maximum impact, we also need to send the right kind of news to the right audience. The right candidate for this job will use phenomenal news judgement to spot news in real time, and direct them to the myriad of Bloomberg channels of information, wherever they should be seen.
We'll trust you to:
- Have solid market news judgement and understanding of the needs of the financial and business community, especially those that consume information in real-time
- Fit into a global and round-the-clock team that directs the right Bloomberg content to the right audience instantaneously
- Be able to also help with monitoring, unearthing and making on-the-spot decisions on news breaking on traditional and new-media sources
- Be flexible in adapting to new technologies and operating methods
- Be proactive in finding areas for improvement and figuring out how to make them better
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Proven experience in the business community or business journalism
- Robust knowledge of the economy, financial markets and business
- The ability to work under deadline pressure. Experience working in a real-time environment preferred
- Fluency in Chinese and English
We'd love to see:
- Familiarity with news across multiple beats or asset classes, experience with markets coverage a bonus
- Proven skill at collaborating across departments to accomplish goals
- Working knowledge of how to navigate social media
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: www.blpcareers.com
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any adjustments to be made for the recruitment process by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.