Build and Release Engineer - Derivatives Pricing team
Posted Jan 16, 2018 - Requisition No. 64474
The Derivatives Pricing team in London is responsible for building Bloomberg’s high performance distributed cross asset derivatives pricing platform that serves Bloomberg Terminal screens and Bloomberg Enterprise offerings. This comprises a wide variety of software components including user interfaces, client facing APIs, service orientated architectures, data stores, functional contract modelling and quantitative finance libraries.
As a hands-on Build and Release Engineer at Bloomberg your mission will be to ensure that our services are released efficiently, are highly robust and highly available and able to cope with significant fluctuations in load. These services are expected to be accessible 24/7 and serve millions of hits daily.
We'll trust you to:
- Run the build, test and release processes for the suite of services owned by the team and ensure these progress through the different stages up to production release.
- Respond to and resolve unexpected issues with these processes and implement improvements to prevent issue recurrence.
- Identify inefficiencies in these processes and implement improvements.
- Manage the configuration of these services post-release, ensuring availability and scalability.
You'll need to have:
- Strong UNIX shell scripting skills
- Strong Python skills
- Experience with software build and release
- Experience with automation tools- Excellent interpersonal skills
We'd love to see:
- Experience working with and configuring Jenkins
- Experience with Groovy
- Experience with dpkg
- Experience with Cmake
- Experience with C++- A passionate mindset for stability and efficiency
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are. In the meantime, check us out at http://www.techatbloomberg.com/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.