Business & Technology Analyst - Connectivity & Integration Solutions
Posted Aug 2, 2019 - Requisition No. 76451
Bloomberg's Connectivity & Integration Solutions (CIS) business is enjoying an exciting period of growth. In order to drive continued growth, CIS is seeking a dynamic, confident and self-motivated individual to join its rapidly growing team of Business & Technology Analysts at our office in London. This key role will join our Product Management team which is responsible for managing product and technology initiatives among Bloomberg's 60+ businesses. Projects run the gamut from those that are substantially client facing to those that are exclusively internal to Bloomberg. This role truly requires a "Jack of all Trades" in the technology space but rewards the individual with tremendous variety in subject domain, extreme diversity in objectives and significant exposure to senior management.
Successful candidates will be "roll up your sleeves" types who enjoy solving problems, trying new things, leveraging everything they know for the task at hand and operating efficiently and effectively while delivering at a level that consistently exceeds expectations. Successful candidates will have a demonstrable skill-set encompassing technology, communication and project management. Most importantly, this individual must be self-driven to advance the processes, methodologies, procedures, approaches and best practices of this nascent team.
We will trust you to:
- Have overall responsibility for strategic projects; including: tracking, prioritisation, efficiency, innovation
- Provide technical, process and procedural consultancy/expertise
- Prioritise, schedule and influence dependent resources
- Own and successfully complete initiatives
- Project management including troubleshooting and escalation both internally and with clients
- Application and evolution of Bloomberg best practices
- Coordinate and provide guidance across many Bloomberg businesses
- Develop and manage key relationships with decision makers and key people with influence to maximise the CIS relationship
- Perform technical and non-technical tasks when no specialised resources can be identified
- Be on the forefront of thought leadership in the space
What do I need to apply?
- A minimum of 5+ years* of experience in hands-on, investment related, business and operations analysis with the ability to meet demanding targets
- A minimum of 5+ years* of experience working across a large organisation and multiple groups to execute technical projects
- Very solid understanding of the technologies and protocols currently used by financial and investment organisations
- Insightful grasp of how system integration and technology are leveraged by all financial players
- Deep understanding of successful project execution techniques through seasoned exposure to organisational behaviour
- Solid understanding of buy and sell-side order management, trading and reporting work flows
- Broad asset class understanding
- Excellent communication and presentation skills including written, graphic and verbal
- Ability to Manage Time Effectively and Multi-Task in a fast paced environment
- Proven Project Management skills
- "Jack of All Trades" with respect to analysis, statistics, desktop tools and automation, technology, software development, process
It would be ideal if you also had:
- Investment/Financial Data Flow and use
- Investment / Financial Regulations and Security
- Expert Experience and knowledge of Analytical Methods and Statistical Analysis
- FIX, XML, SWIFT, SFTP, TCP-IP, HTTPS
- Database design and use (ETL, triggers, and stored procedures) for DB's (Oracle, MS SQL, Sybase, etc)
- Networks: WAN, LAN, Routing
- Investment Theory, Financial/Capital Markets
- Significant Familiarity with Investment Related Software: Charles River, PFS, Advent, EZE Castle, FMC, SS&C, Calypso, Reuters, etc.
- Microsoft Desktop Tools (EXPERT): Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visio, SQL Server, Project, Access, Share Point
- Bloomberg Professional Service / Bloomberg Terminal
*Please note we use years of experience as a guide but we certainly will consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary for the role.
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Opening date: 02.08.19
Closing date: 01.09.19
Salary: Competitive & Benefits