Business Architect, Enterprise Product
Posted Apr 28, 2022 - Requisition No. 103045
Bloomberg is seeking an experienced professional to join our Enterprise Product Group as a senior Business Architect.
You will report into the Head of Enterprise Product and will join a highly motivated, dynamic and diverse team. Our team focuses on innovating and developing end-to-end enterprise solutions from pre-trade to execution and order management, risk management, post-trade, compliance and regulatory reporting. We believe that our success lies in our ability to connect our systems to deliver a set of modularized market leading client solutions.
You will be an integral part of our collaborative leadership team, working with key stakeholders across Bloomberg’s entire range of products and solutions, from the Bloomberg terminal to our execution and order management systems, financial data management services, integration and distribution technologies.
You will help to design and ensure we deliver a consistent and integrated enterprise platform with centralized and scalable services and workflow. You will be responsible for ensuring that our product design is consistent, governed and as forward looking as possible. You will help develop a culture of business led technological collaboration and shared understanding.
You will coordinate with key leaders to drive a common definition of business requirements to deliver an efficient architecture that minimizes cost and maximizes our ability to deploy enterprise solutions to our clients.
You should have a deep knowledge and a track record of embracing data and technology in the financial industry, developing governance models, and establishing key principles and other artifacts of cross-business engagements in order to provide oversight and enforcement of standards across multiple businesses and product architecture teams.
We will trust you to:
- Drive change.
- Collaborate with various internal/external stakeholders to lead the success of the Enterprise platform by combining your industry and market knowledge, passion for data and willingness to embrace technology trends with our products and capabilities.
- Interpret and contextualize a strategy for business needs and partner with Engineering to ensure we have the correct technical architecture.
- Ensure that we are making commercially sensible design decisions and not sacrificing growth as we protect our future.
- Help define the shared data sets, common components, and the relationships between data to promote clear and transparent data lineage across Enterprise Product.
- Work closely with business managers and engineering to implement an overall Enterprise Product strategy that promotes consistency and interoperability.
- Be able to communicate our goals to senior stakeholders, clients and partners.
- Take ownership of successful execution and delivery via collaboration with business leadership, sales and other internal stakeholders across Enterprise Product, Engineering, Data, Sales, and CTO.
- Keep abreast of technology innovation, global markets, and industry trends to identify opportunities to work together with all businesses and various business workflow requirements in addition to contributing to shaping the direction of the future of the enterprise platform.
- Contribute to a broader Enterprise Product vision and roadmap, anticipating emerging market trends at micro and macro levels as a basis for recommending large-scale product, technical, and/or functional improvements to ensure that product stays relevant and fit for purpose.
You will need to have:
- 15+ years of experience* in working in the financial Industry
- 10+ years of hands-on product development experience* with a track record of innovation and corresponding delivery
- Transformative leadership experience, leading/transforming a product and production organization
- Highly motivated, a consensus builder, and collaborative team spirit
- Strong analytical and quantitative background
- Deep knowledge of financial market structure including Buy or Sell side workflows including trading, booking, position management and post-trade practices
- Strong oral and written communication skills
*Please note we use years of experience as a guide but we certainly will consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary for the role.
We would love to see:
- Good knowledge of regulations.
- Experience with artificial intelligence and machine learning.
- Good knowledge of financial quants models and techniques.
- Comfortability with an agile process for building software.
- Good knowledge of financial instruments including derivatives.
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, colour, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or email@example.com