Business Development Manager - Media Distribution - London
Posted Sep 20, 2019 - Requisition No. 78265
Bloomberg LP has built a significant media business spanning television, digital, magazine, radio and live event platforms across the globe. Bloomberg Media is looking for a digitally savvy Business Development Manager to help drive the growth of Bloomberg Media Distribution, a leading provider of news, photos, videos, and data to publishers, broadcasters and other companies in more than 130 countries. As we envision the future of Bloomberg Media Distribution, we are seeking a person who can leverage our broad portfolio of multi-platform media assets and create new opportunities and revenue streams through licensing, syndication, business development and strategic partnerships.
The candidate will work with Bloomberg Media leadership and key members of other groups including Editorial, Digital, Finance, Consumer Marketing and other functional leaders across Bloomberg. Reporting to the Head of EMEA for Media Distribution, the ideal candidate is someone with a track record of success around monetizing media content and IP, a deep understanding of the evolving media ecosystem, and a strong network of contacts across media.
We'll trust you to:
- Identify new clients and industry verticals and develop and execute strategies to create new revenue streams
- Manage business development initiatives from end-to-end: strategic presentations, negotiation, contract drafting, roll-out and GTM activities
- Maintain and grow existing account base though thoughtful management of renewal activity and up-sells
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams in Media to ensure successful launch of new products and wide distribution of Media IP
- Provide constructive feedback to product, management, and operations for business process and product improvements
- Internally and externally communicate the BMD and Bloomberg Media story
- Drive expansion of the BMD brand through marketing, PR/Comms and partner strategies
Forecast pipeline and revenue in a consistent manner
You'll need to have:
- 10+ years of experience* in media with a proven track record of building, monetizing and growing media products and businesses across various formats and channels
- Keen understanding of and deep relationships within the media industry
- Exceptional written and verbal communication, interpersonal, and negotiation skills
- Detail orientated; superior problem solving and organizational skills; and an ability to conceptualize, prioritize, and manage multiple projects
- Entrepreneurial instincts and the ability to work both independently and cross-functionally
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrable passion and intellectual curiosity, passion for learning prospect’s business
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
*Please note we use years of experience as a guide but we certainly will consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary for the role
If this sounds like you:
Apply! If we think you're a good match, we'll get in touch with you to let you know next steps.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.