Business Manager - AIM Compliance
Posted May 3, 2022 - Requisition No. 103166
AIM is a full front-to-back trading platform for investment managers used by over 800 firms across 90 countries to manage over 18 trillion dollars in assets. AIM is critical to the daily operations of its clients and needs to be real-time, high-throughput, and highly available.
Our goal is to offer the most scalable asset management technology in the market that allows clients to grow assets on existing investments and to quickly expand into new asset classes, markets, or investment styles on a fully hosted platform, without disruption.
The Bloomberg Buyside Product group is looking for a qualified Business Manager to drive its Compliance Product. You’ll bring a deep body of knowledge and experience in the Buy Side Compliance Space including a proven track record in managing and building a team. This position carries a high level of visibility and responsibility, hence you're a self-driven professional with extensive experience, who can provide solutions to help manage our existing client business as well as expand on our current offerings.
You will be a key person in the execution of our compliance roadmap and will work closely with other members of Buyside product to ensure we develop seamless products that are in line with our target operating model.
The candidate must possess a strong understanding of the financial markets, Portfolio management, Order management, trading processes, the competitive landscape, and related technologies. We are looking for a self-driven leader who can provide solutions to help manage our existing business as well as grow the quality and reach of the product. The candidate must demonstrate strong client facing skills as well as an analytical approach to client requests and possible solutions.
We’ll trust you to:
- Help drive the growth of both the business and the team
- Work closely with product managers to drive plans/specifications around Compliance development within AIM.
- Define the requirements for new functionality: working closely with customers, prospects, and internally to collect, document, analyze and translate requirements into detailed documents and plans/instructions for programmers.
- Manage and groom request backlog to help drive requirements and deliver value.
- Explain development plans & guide the process for internal buyside stakeholders (engineering, QA, PMO, other AIM product areas), internal Bloomberg (TSOX, ETS, ETEC, etc.) & external stakeholders (clients & asset servicers)
- Drive rollout of new functionality/enhancements by engaging sales, implementations & clients directly.
- Document clear functional specifications (including SLAs) for each phase of product development
- Stay up to speed regarding regulation & trends that will have an impact on our clients and their compliance workflows in order to thoughtfully craft development plans
- Produce and maintain documentation for internal and external stakeholders.
You’ll need to have:
- Extensive experience in both supervising and developing teams in the Buy Side Compliance space
- Knowledge of global compliance laws & regulations (1940 Act, UCITS IV, MIFID II, etc)
- Ability to interpret regulatory requirements & client guidelines so that rules can be coded into the software to comply with the requirements/guidelines
- High level understanding of different compliance and regulatory landscape
- Deep understanding of the Buyside (OMS) market with specific focus on tools for managing compliance rules & violations as well as understanding of the entire trading life cycle
- Proficiency in existing AIM and complementary workflows (TSOX, ETS, MARS, PORT)
- Extensive knowledge of the key fundamental data (Fund NAVs, Voting Shares, ¿) required for building and using compliance rules
- Effective communication skills regarding project requirements/scenarios.
- Ability to organize complex projects and understand the dependencies across services to deliver features.
- Willingness to continuously learn about new compliance products, the offering, competitors, the market and how AIM clients will interact with them.
- Ability to engage with different product areas within Bloomberg and ensure roadmap alignment with those areas.
- Strong collaboration skills, self-motivation and being a consensus builder.
We’d love to see:
- Detail-oriented with solid analytic skills with basic knowledge of data visualization methodologies.
- Knowledge of agile methodology and scrum-based product development
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or firstname.lastname@example.org