Business Risk and Engagement Adviser
Posted Aug 13, 2019 - Requisition No. 76608
In today’s corporate landscape, cyber risk poses an increasingly sophisticated threat. Bloomberg’s clients and prospects are concerned about the potential for their private data to be exposed, and they’re apprehensive of possible disruptions to their key operations. The Business and Client Risk Engagement team brings transparency to Bloomberg's risk management and cyber security practices, to gain and keep client trust so they renew and expand their use of Bloomberg’s offerings.
On our team you'll focus on developing and facilitating client communications around our Risk and Security practices. You’ll develop relationships with risk professionals at our biggest clients, as an adjunct part of the sales and support groups that keep our business growing.
What’s in it for you?
The world of risk is constantly evolving and changing. The environment you’ll join is fast-paced, and the work you will do is critical to Bloomberg’s growth. You’ll get to work with and learn about virtually every business unit and many other departments within Bloomberg. Colleagues will depend upon you as part of their sales strategies and request-for-proposal efforts. Your work will be critical to closing new business and maintaining existing client dependency on Bloomberg. You will use your existing Risk experience while working with your colleagues to develop your own skills with the Bloomberg products.
We’ll trust you to:
- Complete RFPs, Requests for Information (RFIs), and DDQs for existing clients and prospects, in a thoughtful, accurate, and timely manner
- Respond to a high volume of client requests for detailed accurate answers about our security practices and controls through written documentation, phone and in-person meetings
- Research, write, and gain appropriate approvals for improving our response library
- Identify recurring problems concerned with policy, procedures and methods to improve workflows.
- Generate creative ideas while working both independently and collaboratively as part of a team
- Liaise across business lines to influence strategies to improve Bloomberg’s risk controls, based on client findings
- Evaluate the objectives and requirements of the organisation looking to partner with us and provide them with the right level of information and reassurance.
You'll need to have:
- Min 3 years* experience in a client-facing role
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
- Broad risk management exposure in financial services, FINTEC or related industries
- Strong knowledge of information security, technology and associated risks, including an understanding of existing and upcoming regulations and the potential impact on the company and its clients
- Ability to understand requirements articulated in Requests for Proposals (RFP), Request for Information (RFI) and Due Diligence Questionnaires (DDQ) and use existing documentation to respond appropriately
- Tested Project management skills, including strength in managing and organizing multiple projects with variable timeliness
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Strong analytical capabilities
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment including translation of complex concepts and issues into insights for Senior Management and non-technical audiences
*Please note we use years of experience as a guide but we certainly will consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary for the role.
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Opening date: 13.08.19
Closing date: 12.09.19
Salary: Competitive + Benefits