Buyside Derivative Risk and Valuation Sales Specialist
Posted Nov 29, 2022 - Requisition No. 111940
Our Sales teams put the industry's most powerful Portfolio & Risk Analytics solution at the fingertips of global investment professionals. Our Buyside Enterprise Solution helps clients make quicker and more informed decision by empowering them with the tools and data to assess risk, value assets, define appropriate investment universes with benchmarks, implement optimal investment portfolio strategies, easily and accurately measure portfolio risk, and return, and streamline their overall investment management workflow.
What's the role?
You will be part of our Buyside Portfolio Analytics and Risk team with a specific focus on driving our sales strategy around derivative workflows, with a focus on independent valuations and provisions of underlying high-quality datasets. You will work collaboratively with the wider team selling our buyside risk solutions to maximise the potential for revenue.
Our clients face an increasingly complex challenge to remain competitive in risk and valuation business functions, giving us a phenomenal opportunity to position our market leading products and technology in this space. As a business we have been able to innovate and adapt dynamically to the market changes and trends, whilst partnering our clients to solve their business needs.
As we continue these focus areas, we will look to you to develop these themes with your accounts and opportunities, to uncover new and diverse use cases with our risk and valuations solutions, keeping current with innovative approaches to valuations and risk management technologies is also vital for success.
This is an opportunity to be part of Bloomberg’s fastest growing and rapidly innovating business, where our clients are evolving just as fast as we are. Our exceptional product development group look to us for guidance and input to create our award-winning suite of solutions, enabling us to sell with the highest level of credibility, confidence, and reliability. As a sales specialist, the potential to add your own unique value and insight to this exciting business will contribute to our ongoing growth and success!
We will trust you to:
- Understand the client’s business, infrastructure, and key workflows with the goal of identifying opportunities to generate revenue for our derivative valuation solutions, you will own the target for a geographic region. Secondly, through upselling our full range of Portfolio & Risk Enterprise Solutions.
- Build, own, and manage relationships with key stakeholders, including C-suites and senior management. Utilise these relationships to understand strategic business objectives and requirements, and to work with them in achieving their goals by using Bloomberg as their sole source for derivative valuations and data.
- Become a key partner of the client’s in-house team. Our client will see you as a true partner to help them achieve optimal risk management.
- Be an internal subject matter expert to your team of Portfolio analytics and risk specialists on the valuation’s workflow. This should include best-practices with front, middle, and back office, including senior level decision makers.
- Partner with Bloomberg Product Managers, Researcher and Engineers to support strategic client development needs and organise the deployment of new features.
You'll need to have:
- Strong derivative background, with an understanding of valuation and liquidity
- Deep-understand of Buy-side workflows and operating models
- Strong data and quantitative analysis skills
- Strong operational and process management skills
- Willingness to learn complex business and technology processes and actively contribute to their evolution
- Self-motivation, with the ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Insight into market trends and where our clients are focusing next
- Proven track record in building, managing and closing sales opportunities
- The ability for regular travel
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or firstname.lastname@example.org