Buyside OMS Account Manager, AIM
Posted Nov 25, 2019 - Requisition No. 79899
Bloomberg’s Buyside OMS (AIM) delivers global, multi-asset solutions for portfolio management, trading, compliance and operations for buy-side firms. It is used by more than 14,000 professionals in nearly 90 countries at over 700 client firms, including some of the largest asset managers, hedge funds, insurance companies, pension funds and government agencies.
Our goal is to offer the most scalable asset management technology in the market -one that allows Bloomberg Buyside OMS clients to grow assets on existing investments and to quickly expand into new asset classes, markets or investment styles without disruption.
What's the role?
We are looking for a senior and driven individual to take on one of the major key accounts for AIM. Working with senior stakeholders both within the client and internally, you will be responsible for developing and driving both the strategy and product for this high profile and successful account.
Operating on a global level you will need to collaborate with regional account managers within AIM, as well as the Enterprise teams and other Buyside product lines (eg portfolio management, risk management, data).
We will trust you to:
- Strategically look across your client to determine gaps in workflow to increase their usage of the terminal and marquee products
- Proactively find and monitor at-risk users to defend the Bloomberg business
- Manage usage campaigns, both self-initiated to achieve business targets and management driven initiatives
- Develop a sound understanding of Bloomberg’s products, how they integrate with financial markets and have the ability to position our solutions appropriately
- Demonstrate a strong level of Bloomberg customer type knowledge, by understanding how that player type makes money, does their job, and utilizes technology
- Be able to demonstrate functionality and workflows of applicable Bloomberg solutions that improve a specific customer type's need
- Contribute innovative ideas that anticipate and address client needs
- Participate actively in new projects that drive departmental and firm-wide initiatives
- Seek out additional ways to demonstrate leadership and make an impact, such as mentoring, involvement in training, running campaigns, and active involvement in product enhancement
You'll need to have:
- Experience working as a Buyside OMS account manager
- Technical knowledge talking to clients about OMS workflow
- Experience managing complex accounts and devising the strategy for success
- Comfortable influencing c suite stakeholders both internally and externally
- A track record of working with and influencing product development
- Good understanding of the buyside workflow and player types
- The ability for regular travel
- Excellent communication skills
- Exemplary presentation, training and communication skills in English
We’d love to see:
As the team covers the entire European region, a second language would be an advantage however not a pre-requisite.
If this sounds like you;
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: http://www.bloomberg.com/enterprise/
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.