You may have heard about it in the news earlier this year, it made headlines. We made a pretty substantial acquisition in the index strategies space. This means we have some new offerings in the global fixed income indices, portfolio analytics and strategy indices. We will now offer these services to a diverse group of high profile customers.
We're looking to build out our new and growing tradable indices business. Our indices pull together instruments from across the liquid asset classes. We have a diverse range of objectives, from M&A tracking to Commodities Backwardation.
This is an incredibly exciting opportunity to come and actually develop these products. You’ll stretch both your technical skills and your business knowledge – as you work very closely with the product team.
We'll trust you to:
- Use all your software craftsmanship to build and maintain indices, ensuring they’re built to last – well tested and cleanly coded
- Help expand the framework to cater for the growing index needs of our clients
- Quickly grow in your business knowledge of the instrument types and trading strategies – across all the asset classes – which lie at the centre of these complex products
- Contribute to the work of the whole team, whether pair programming or peer reviewing or partnering with the product team to find the very best solution to their problem
- Be an enthusiastic agile practitioner, helping us to improve and refine our approach to ensure we deliver quality indices in a predictable manner
You'll need to have:
- Strong Object Orientated development skills eg C#, Java, C++. The team develops in C# but we have had great experiences of recruiting from a breadth of OO backgrounds
- Deep understanding of object-oriented design, data structures and algorithms
- An aptitude for analytical and creative problem solving and an ability to quickly get down into the detail of complex issues
- A self-starter’s attitude
- First class communication skills for daily interaction with the business stakeholders
- Exposure to all phases of the software development lifecycle
- Some experience of working in the financial markets
We'd love to see:
- You have some knowledge of SQL
- You know your garbage collection generations from your lambda expressions
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are. In the meantime, check us out at http://www.techatbloomberg.com/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.