It's not every day that you get the opportunity to lead a growing team that's designing, building and deploying software solutions that have a deep impact on financial markets worldwide, while also being hands-on to improve productivity and drive innovation. All of this, working in an established market leading company like Bloomberg.
We'll give you the opportunity to build market shaping products along with mentoring and empowering talented engineers. You'll be a key member of a development team that our clients rely on, leading a highly technical team and influencing the products' technical direction.
Collaboration and adapting to a constantly changing business environment will help you develop expertise of what our core product delivery entails, understand customer needs and release products to meet those needs.
We'll trust you to:
- Inspire and motivate a high performing team to achieve great results, while supporting individual growth and development
- Lead the development of technical solutions to meet current and future business needs
- Ensure continuous improvement of solutions and ways of working
- Establish best practices that results in the highest quality in our products and service
- Create a strong team environment which is focused on delivering value and increasing our capabilities
- Develop strong partnerships across internal development teams and business teams
- Take risks. Our fast paced environment will require you to rise to the challenge and strive to exceed expectations
You need to have:
- An ability to foster a collaborative team environment; through driving a strong culture of teamwork and taking advantage of team diversity
- Strong knowledge & experience working with C++
- The technical ability to contribute directly to projects through hands on development as well as led a team of software engineers
- A passion to develop business domain expertize in order to solve problems
- Experience in all phases of the software development lifecycle
- Strong programming ability
- Excellent stakeholder relationship management
- The ability to effectively listen, communicate, challenge and influence team members, peers and senior managers
- The desire to take ownership and responsibility of issues and handle effectively through to resolution
We'd love to see:
- A diverse range of experience with a variety of programming languages and different tools
- A keen interest in keeping abreast of technological advances and proven success at incorporating new technology into existing systems
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are. In the meantime, check us out at http://www.techatbloomberg.com/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.