Cash Applications Representative - London
Posted May 3, 2019 - Requisition No. 74967
Bloomberg delivers critical information in a world where information matters. We give influential decision-makers in business, finance and government a competitive edge by connecting them to a dynamic network of news, people and ideas. To do that, we need a constant flow of ideas, energy, innovation, which is where you come in. At Bloomberg, you will have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. Be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news and media services fosters innovation and empowers clients - and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
The Accounting Operations team, headquartered in Manhattan, is looking for a strong Cash Application Representative to join our team in London
You’ll be a part of Bloomberg’s Cash and Treasury function, putting you at the centre of our global cash operations. We’re the team to ensure that complicated cash postings are resolved quickly and accurately, and we partner with our colleagues in Accounts Receivable to ensure that our clients get the right level of help and assistance in resolving their payment concerns. We are therefore looking for an accounting professional who’s passionate about growing their career within a dynamic and fast-growing organisation.
What’s the Role?
You’ll be responsible for accurately posting, maintaining and monitoring all incoming receipts in a timely and efficient manner. You’ll ensure that customer ledgers are adequately maintained to the highest standards. You’ll have a hand in continuously monitoring and analysing internal controls, helping to reduce risk along the way. You’ll assist with the development of process enhancements, such as identifying inefficiencies or providing input on ways to maximize our use of robotic automation.
We'll trust you to:
- Review and process payment applications, check deposits, adjustments, bad debts, write-offs and credits.
- Monitor emails for electronic remittance advices and set up in the system for auto-processing.
- Assist with daily/monthly reporting of cash.
- Actively address internal requests (reversals, reapplications, reset payments, splits) within departmental SLAs.
- Assist with internal controls and risk assessments in order to identify inherent risk and evaluate mitigating controls.
- Report on all action plans and findings to senior leadership with strict adherence to required schedules of research reporting.
- Support the corporate and tax teams with audit requests.
- Partner with Engineering colleagues to leverage system improvements and interpret business requirements.
- Maintain updated policies and procedures with continuous compliance updates as required.
- Interact with all levels of the organisation to ensure process ownership and compliance.
- Research and resolve complex issues independently.
- Interact with senior decision-makers with confidence and poise.
- Organise your time and prioritise your work to meet deadlines.
- Ability to self-train on systems and processes.
- Thrive in a fast-paced, demanding environment
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, finance or related field of study.
- 2+ years' experience within finance and accounting.
- Intermediate expertise with Excel.
- Experience working with EFT (electronic funds transfer).
- Strong understanding of cost accounting and audit concepts, journal entry recording including accruals, auditing and reconciliation of multiple accounts.
- Knowledge of chart of accounts hierarchy.
- Ability to create detailed line item account reconciliations from the ground up.
- Experience with month end close for AR
- Strong sense of ownership of end results.
- Familiarity with standard concepts, practices and procedures within the data management and data governance field.
*Please note we use years of experience as a guide but we certainly will consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary for the role.
We'd love to see:
- Prior experience with cash management / cash applications
- SAP experience
- Knowledge of banking and lockbox interfaces, downloads and software
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status