Chief Compliance Officer - Multilateral Trading Facility
Posted Aug 21, 2018 - Requisition No. 68849
Bloomberg’s Legal Department plays a critical role in supporting our businesses and operations around the world. We move quickly and thoughtfully to help address a variety of complex issues that come with being the world’s leading financial news and information company. Our team is made of up of talented and hardworking professionals who think creatively and work collaboratively in an open environment to deliver results, drive innovation, and solve difficult problems. We also recognize the value of diversity and inclusion and the importance of giving back to our communities as evidenced by our award-winning pro bono program.
The global Compliance team within Bloomberg’s Legal Department provides coverage of Bloomberg's regulated entities and products including support for Bloomberg's non-regulated products and services. We work to address regulatory issues, ensure compliance with current/developing rules and regulations, and correspond with regulators. We are looking for an experienced person to join the EMEA Compliance team in London to act as a Compliance Manager for Bloomberg’s Multilateral Trading Facility ("MTF").
You will report to a senior member of Bloomberg’s EMEA Compliance team while overseeing compliance for Bloomberg's Multilateral Trading Facility (BMTF), which is authorised by the FCA as well as a number of overseas regulators. The ideal candidate will have significant regulatory experience with regard to financial markets and products, be familiar with FCA and European rules and Market Abuse requirements, and be able to undertake market supervision of participant activity, including trade surveillance.
We'll trust you to:
- Hold the CF10 (Compliance Oversight) function for the BMTF
- Manage a team of 5 compliance officers
- Oversee the provision of compliance support and services for Bloomberg Trading Facility BV (BMTF’s sister MTF based in Amsterdam)
- Provide guidance on and implement controls relating to all FCA rules applicable to an authorised MTF
- Assist the business with further developing MiFID ii solutions and ensure continued and ongoing regulatory compliance.
- Respond to participant enquiries, providing guidance in relation to the operation of the MTF and its Rulebook
- Work with your colleagues to increase the profile of the MTF Compliance team within the business
- Provide advisory compliance services to the business
- Analyse the impact of developing regulatory changes
- Develop and streamline new and existing compliance processes
- Act as the second line of defence in a dynamic, forward thinking business
- Keep abreast of jurisdictional changes and challenges throughout Europe and beyond, working closely with legal
- Attend industry events and round-tables
- Conduct continuing education for sales and product
You'll need to have:
- Strong understanding of one or more of the following asset classes: IRS, CDS, FX derivatives and Equity derivatives.
- Familiarity with the financial markets, electronic trading, and FCA and EU regulatory developments
- Experience responding to regulatory and FCA changes and enquiries
- A track record of working with and advising senior business people on compliance matters
- Experience in drafting policies, procedures and manuals, along with preparing reports for regulatory bodies and internal management
- The ability to advise on regulatory changes and developments
- An analytical mind, the ability to solve complex problems and streamline processes
We'd love to see:
- Knowledge of MiFID ii / MiFIR
- Experience managing a dynamic team.
- Prior experience dealing with overseas regulators such as MAS, ASIC, HKMA etc.
- Bachelor's Degree
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.