Commodities Content Specialist
Posted Apr 11, 2018 - Requisition No. 66474
Bloomberg runs on data. In our Global Data business, we're responsible for supplying it. Our Content Acquisition and Business Management team (CABM) is all about capturing and integrating data to provide our customers with the information they need. The department is comprised of several teams including: Pricing, Research, Exchanges, Product Development, Contracts, and Market Structure. We onboard an incredible amount of content so it's imperative that it is discoverable, compliant, done in an efficient manner, and compliments other Bloomberg products.
What’s the role?
We have an exciting opportunity to join the fast-paced, dynamic environment of the Contributions team within Pricing, Research & Contracts (PR&C), as a Commodities Content Specialist. In this position you will specialise in Commodities contributions. You will be responsible for developing and managing relationships with commodity firms, banks, brokers and pricing providers throughout Europe. As a Commodities Specialist you will interact with all levels of the contribution process - heads of trading/broker desks, sales contacts, business managers, desk support, e-commerce, and market data.
Your goals are to leverage these relationships to acquire new pricing content, maintain the quality of existing contributions to Bloomberg, and assist the Core Product initiatives to grow a community of commodities dealers on Bloomberg. In many cases, you will be pitching to contributors and building relationships from scratch.
We’ll trust you to:
- Partner with our internal stakeholders - including Product, Engineering, Sales, Application Specialists, Enterprise Solutions, Global Data and the Contributions Project Managers - to develop and execute effective strategy for growing Commodities product on Bloomberg
- Identify new targets and put together business justification for adding their content to the terminal
- Build relationships with market participants, negotiate new and review existing contracts with data providers, and work with various teams within Bloomberg to onboard new content.
- To work with a high degree of autonomy
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience working within Commodities markets, thorough understanding of the market trends and challenges
- Ability to build and maintain a strong network within Bloomberg, leveraging your relationships at all levels of the firm including management, to improve and develop the Commodities product on terminal
- Ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities from internal stakeholders alongside the demands of our external customers and clients
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel; knowledge of VBA, Python or similar skills is a plus;
- Willingness to travel as necessary
- Fluency in English is required; additional language skills a plus.
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are. In the meantime, feel free to have a look at this: https://www.bloomberg.com/careers/global-data/
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process.
If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or firstname.lastname@example.org.