Company Financials Industry Expert
Posted Apr 16, 2019 - Requisition No. 74671
What’s the role?
Company Financials Industry Experts team is a new initiative to better align Bloomberg Intelligence Department with Global Data team by delivering best-in-class industry & company data to BI Research Analysts. As a Company Financials Industry Expert you will be responsible for ensuring the consistency, quality and timely delivery of special industry data for a portfolio of companies across a sector. You will work closely with experienced Bloomberg Intelligence (BI) Research Analysts to learn the ins and outs of conducting investment research while ensuring that we have the best in class industry and company specific data coverage on the market. You will gain knowledge on how technology, regulation, litigation and economies shape the environment each company operates in – and about the larger industry impact.
We’ll trust you to:
- Acquire, maintain and improve comprehensiveness of data content on Bloomberg Intelligence (BI) industry dashboards in a timely and accurate manner
- Assist with defining industry and company specific key drivers and metrics for the company analyser on the BI dashboard and assure data alignment across BI, Fundamentals and Earnings Estimates products
- Manage industry specific projects to ensure that deliverables are met, including identifying projects, delegating responsibilities to peers, and communicating to related stakeholders
- Identify current gaps and working with stakeholders to onboard new data sets
- Actively contribute to the BI team's research content, including charting and visual support
- Provide support to internal and external clients and stakeholders on BI functionality and data content within dashboard construction and maintenance
- Actively monitor and interpret company and industry corporate actions and developments
- Identify innovative work-flow efficiencies and propose improvements to enhance financial and industry data quality and timeliness
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor's or/and Master's degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics, Management or equivalent work experience
- Advanced knowledge of accounting principles with practical understanding in interpreting financial statements
- Demonstrated strong interest or experience in equity research
- Strong project management experience in handling multiple projects at the same time
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills demonstrated in client facing environment
- Proven and detail orientated research and analytical skills
- Strong record of delivering results in fast pace changing environment within tight deadlines
- Ability to think critically and demonstrate examples of where you have developed or enhanced a process to improve efficiency
We’d love to see:
- CFA designation (or working towards it)
- 2 to 3 years of work experience in auditing, corporate finance or equity research
- Experience or knowledge in Bloomberg Intelligence, Fundamentals and/or Earnings Estimates products
- Experience or strong interest in financial modelling
- Experience with industry specific data as part of your product coverage
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process.
If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or email@example.com.