Compliance Controls and Systems Management
Posted May 5, 2022 - Requisition No. 103279
Bloomberg’s Legal Department plays a critical role in supporting our businesses and operations around the world. We move quickly and thoughtfully to help address a variety of complex legal issues that come with being the world’s leading financial news and information company. Our team is made up of talented and hardworking professionals who think creatively and work collaboratively in an open environment to deliver results, drive innovation, and solve difficult problems. Diversity and inclusion are essential to our success, and we strive to maintain an environment where our employees are empowered to make an impact. We also recognize the value and importance of giving back to our communities, as evidenced by our award-winning pro bono program.
The Global Compliance team within Bloomberg’s Legal Department provides coverage of Bloomberg's regulated entities and products including support for Bloomberg's non-regulated products and services. We work to ensure compliance with current/developing rules and regulations, and we correspond with regulators. Bloomberg has regulated activities that include regulated trading venues (e.g., UK and EU Multilateral Trading Facility, US Swap Execution Facility), benchmark administration, a US Broker-Dealer, a Singapore Trade Negotiations System, and other regulated offerings globally.
Based in London, this is a great opportunity to join the EMEA Compliance team to focus on developing and enhancing Compliance systems, controls and workflows as well as maintaining and strengthening strategic relationships with stakeholders. Reporting to the Compliance Systems Manager you will be responsible for supporting Compliance teams globally by:
- managing and overseeing the systems used to support their regulatory supervisory role;
- ensuring controls are adequate and robust, e.g. system controls for client eligibility; and
- reviewing workflows regularly to maintain streamlined Compliance processes.
To that end, the team works closely with the Compliance Engineering group, who are responsible for the maintenance and updates of Compliance systems. Furthermore, Compliance workflows interact with numerous systems owned by various stakeholders, including Sales, Contracts, and Product teams. In this regard, the team maintains a strategic relationship with stakeholders.
We'll Trust You To:
- Have a fundamental understanding of regulatory requirements and keep up-to-date with the regulatory knowledge relevant to Bloomberg’s products and services
- Understand Compliance teams’ various needs on systems, controls and workflows
- Act as product owner of Compliance’s client permissioning systems
- Provide ongoing support to Compliance teams globally on their needs for maintaining Compliance’s own systems & workflows
- Propose improvement & enhancement plans in how to streamline Compliance processes and bring more efficiency and access capacity to Compliance teams
- Plan and prioritise development projects requested by Compliance teams
- Explain developments needs and provide development specifications to Engineering groups
- Supervise steady progress of development projects and ensure a timely delivery
- Serve as a point of contact for stakeholders when it comes to Compliance systems, controls and workflows.
- Provide trainings and guidance to Compliance teams and stakeholders on systems and workflows
You'll Need To Have:
- At least 2 years'* working experience in a regulated firm or in a financial services regulated environment
- Strong technical knowledge and good proficiency with systems and associated workflows
- A fundamental understanding of financial regulatory standards and requirements
- Good awareness of regulatory risks and familiar with Compliance’s approaches to mitigate regulatory risks
- Good knowledge or experience in performing regulatory compliance processes and controls
- Excellent analytical and report writing skills
- Experience in project management
- Strong working ethics, diligent and key focus on solution based approach
- Concise in communications and excellent stakeholder relationship management skills
*Please note we use years of experience as a guide, but we certainly will consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary for the role.
We'd Love to See:
- A self-motivated individual who will thrive in a dynamic, open-plan environment
- A confident individual who values and enjoys collaborations with stakeholders
- Relevant experience in a number of regulatory compliance disciplines or have worked closely with Compliance teams
- Broad experience in project management, Jira dashboard management and Agile approach
- Good knowledge of RegTech solutions and their development, and a keen interest in technology
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organisation that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, colour, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or firstname.lastname@example.org