Compliance Officer – Personal Account Dealing
Posted Oct 20, 2023 - Requisition No. 121001
Bloomberg’s Legal and Compliance Department plays a critical role in supporting our businesses and operations around the world. We move quickly and thoughtfully to help address a variety of complex issues that come with being the world’s leading financial news and Information Company.
Our team is made of up of talented and hardworking professionals who think creatively and work collaboratively in an open environment to deliver results, drive innovation, and solve difficult problems. Diversity and inclusion are essential to our success, and we strive to maintain an environment where our employees are empowered to make an impact. We also recognize the value and importance of giving back to our communities, as evidenced by our award-winning pro bono program!
We are looking for a person with personal account dealing and employee code of conduct/ethics experience to join the Employee Compliance team in London as a Compliance Officer to support Bloomberg’s Personal Account Dealing program.
What's the role?
Within the Employee Compliance function, the role will perform various surveillance activities related to employee personal trading and the disclosure and reporting of broker accounts to ensure compliance with firm policies and procedures and the Company’s Conflict of Interest Policy; provide functional support for personal trading operations; respond to employee inquiries; create reporting of personal trading metrics in connection with monthly, quarterly and annual reports; and assist with special projects related to the program.
The ideal candidate will have personal account dealing knowledge and experience with personal brokerage account disclosures, broker feeds, post-trade surveillance, and violation reviews. Clear verbal and written communication and adept interpersonal skills are essential, especially when dealing with sensitive matters, together with the ability to analyze data, work as part of a team, be creative, and have a real drive to add value to the firm. We are looking for someone who thrives on leading autonomous projects, challenging the status quo, thinks outside the box, and enjoys handling multiple projects simultaneously and working in a fast-paced environment.
We'll trust you to:
- Serve as a subject matter expert on Personal Trading operations
- Administer the company’s technology solution to monitor personal trade surveillance
- Communicate to employees the company's Personal Trading Policy, including its trading restrictions and disclosure requirements
- Communicate to employees the company's Conflicts of Interest Policy and review disclosures under the Policy
- Investigate violations of the company's policies to completion, issue Policy reminders, and escalate to human resources, as needed
- Analyze underlying personal trade data for unusual behavior to identify conflicts of interest and other risks potentially not readily identified by the technology
- Identify process and technology weaknesses and recommend creative solutions
- Work with other stakeholders in testing and updating the firm’s technology solution to monitor personal trading
- Develop relationships with employees and management to advise on and encourage adherence to compliance policies
- Review/edit/update the company’s Personal Trading Policy and local entity compliance manuals and trainings, as needed
- Assist in delivering annual and periodic trainings
- Generate, draft, and deliver reports, metrics, trends, and process improvements to legal personnel, human resources and management
- Participate in enterprise wide Personal Account Dealing and Conflicts of Interest risk assessments, control inventory, monitoring, testing, and internal audits.
- Draft communications to employees (firm-wide and group specific) on relevant Personal Account Dealing and Conflicts of Interest topics
You'll need to have:
- A minimum of 3 years* of relevant experience within a Personal Account Dealing Compliance program
- A bachelor’s Degree
- A demonstrated ability to analyze data, produce metrics, and present to senior stakeholders
- Strong project management, and written and oral presentation skills
*Please note we use years of experience as a guide but we certainly will consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary for the role.
We'd love to see:
- Familiarity with regulatory compliance and trade monitoring software
- Experience analyzing trading data and drafting reports on flagged trades in the trade surveillance
- Broad knowledge of the financial industry and industry surveillance best practices
- Experience of identifying and managing risk, including risk framework and issue management
- Strong organization and analytical skills and capable of independently prioritizing multiple projects to completion
- Experience in drafting policies, procedures, and manuals, along with preparing reports for internal management
- A desire to be part of a team in a dynamic and fast-paced organization
- Proficiency in the Bloomberg Terminal
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know that the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at: https://www.bloomberg.com/company/what-we-do/
Bloomberg is committed to diversity! It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for.