Compliance Officer - Bloomberg MTF
Posted Mar 16, 2022 - Requisition No. 101513
Bloomberg’s Legal and Compliance Department plays a critical role in supporting our businesses and operations around the world. We move quickly and thoughtfully to help address a variety of complex issues that come with being the world’s leading financial news and information company.
Our team is made of up of talented and hardworking professionals who think creatively and work collaboratively in an open environment to deliver results, drive innovation, and solve difficult problems. Diversity and inclusion are essential to our success, and we strive to maintain an environment where our employees are empowered to make an impact. We also recognize the value and importance of giving back to our communities, as evidenced by our award-winning pro bono program!
We are looking for a suitably experienced person to join the EMEA Compliance team in London to act as a Compliance Officer for Bloomberg’s UK and EU Multilateral Trading Facilities ("MTF"). Trading venues are dynamic and fast-paced environments, so the ability to manage multiple and often time-sensitive tasks is essential.
What's the role?
Bloomberg’s MTFs are trading venues for trading cash bonds, repos, credit default swaps, interest rate swaps, exchange-traded funds, equity derivatives and foreign exchange derivatives. They have regulatory authorisations as MTFs and as such have significant operational and regulatory requirements to operate a trading venue with a large number of participants.
You will be part of the team that has responsibility for leading all aspects of Bloomberg MTFs’ compliance with regulatory requirements under the FCA as well as a number of overseas regulators. The ideal candidate will have relevant experience with regard to financial markets and products, maybe within a trading venue, and ideally be familiar with FCA and European rules and Market Abuse requirements, and be able to undertake market supervision of participant activity.
We'll trust you to:
- Provide regulatory advice and guidance to business partners
- Manage participant engagement and provide market operations support
- Provide guidance on and implement controls relating to regulatory rules and requirements
- Assist the business with further developing regulatory solutions and ensure continued and ongoing regulatory compliance
- Respond to Participant enquiries, providing guidance in relation to the operation of the MTF and its Rulebook
- Draft packs for governance committees, including inputting of management information
- Write and implement policies and procedures, developing existing compliance processes
- Analyse the impact of developing regulatory changes
- Assist with preparation of periodic regulatory returns (UK and overseas)
- Develop and streamline new and existing compliance processes
- Act as the second line of defence in a dynamic, forward thinking business
- Keep abreast of jurisdictional changes and challenges throughout Europe and beyond, working closely with legal
- Conduct continuing education for relevant stakeholders including sales and product
- Assist with MiFID II reporting as required (transparency and transaction reporting)
- Work closely with, other Bloomberg Control Functions, including the Risk Team, internal audit, other Compliance teams and the financial crime teams
You'll need to have:
- Minimum experience of 3* years working at a trading venue, or in a financial services Compliance function gaining broad compliance experience, or at financial services regulatory body
- Familiarity with the financial markets, electronic trading, and FCA and EU regulatory requirements
- Experience with drafting policies, procedures and manuals, along with preparing reports for regulatory bodies and internal management
- The ability to advise on regulatory changes and developments
- An analytical mind, the ability to tackle complex problems and streamline processes
- An ability to work in a fast-paced environment, dealing with real-time issues and managing multiple tasks
*Please note we use years of experience as a guide but we certainly will consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary for the role.
We'd love to see:
- Experience responding to regulatory change and FCA enquiries
- Knowledge of key regulations such as MiFID II/ MiFIR / MAR
- Strong understanding of one or more of the following asset classes: IRS, CDS, FX derivatives, Equity derivatives and Commodity derivatives
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.