Compliance Officer - EMEA
Posted Oct 30, 2023 - Requisition No. 121230
Bloomberg’s Legal and Compliance Department plays a critical role in supporting our businesses and operations around the world. We move quickly and thoughtfully to help address a variety of complex issues that come with being the world’s leading financial news and Information Company.
Our team is made of up of talented and hardworking professionals who think creatively and work collaboratively in an open environment to deliver results, drive innovation, and solve difficult problems. Diversity and inclusion are essential to our success, and we strive to maintain an environment where our employees are empowered to make an impact. We also recognize the value and importance of giving back to our communities, as evidenced by our award-winning pro bono program!
What's the role?
Based in London, this post is a unique and exciting opportunity reporting directly to the Chief Compliance Officer of Bloomberg Tradebook Europe Limited (BTEL), contributing to Compliance coverage across a variety of Bloomberg’s activities and affiliates. A key focus of the role will be coverage of regulated electronic trading services for securities and derivatives across many asset classes. The role will include advisory work, compliance controls, regulatory submissions, maintaining policies and procedures, and more.
The Global Compliance team within Bloomberg’s Legal & Compliance Department provides coverage of Bloomberg's regulated affiliates and products, as well as supporting some unregulated business products and services.
The ideal candidate will be a quick learner, with Compliance experience gained at a regulated firm whose business includes electronic trading activity or services, or with a relevant regulator. Enthusiasm for problem-solving is a must, along with an eye for detail. Experience with regulatory requests or submissions (whether on the firm or regulator side) would be a plus, as well as knowledge of the FCA Senior Managers and Certification Regime and/or operational resilience landscape. Good communication and interpersonal skills are critical, as is the ability to work both independently with minimal supervision, as well as collaboratively in a team.
We'll trust you to:
- Provide day-to-day compliance coverage for Bloomberg Tradebook Europe Limited, with support and oversight from the Chief Compliance Officer
- Contribute to compliance coverage for other Bloomberg activities and affiliates, including electronic trading and other services offered by Bloomberg LP
- Be a partner and adviser to the business and product developers, on relevant rules and requirements applicable to them for BAU as well as new products and services
- Draft responses to regulator enquiries and regulatory returns or other submissions
- Prepare and present Compliance reporting for internal management/governance forums
- Draft, review and update Compliance policies and procedures
- Co-ordinate cross-entity compliance with the FCA Senior Managers and Certification Regime, ensuring records and controls are maintained
- Prepare and deliver training to business stakeholders on Compliance and regulatory matters
- Help to create a best in class compliance department, looking to continually improve policies, procedures and controls as needed
You'll need to have:
- Experience of financial markets and products regulation, probably within Compliance at a regulated firm, or with a regulator
- Familiarity with electronic trading activities/services, and associated FCA and EU regulatory expectations
- Good knowledge of the UK regulatory framework, e.g. FCA Handbook, Senior Managers and Certification Regime
- Experience drafting and/or implementing Compliance policies, procedures and controls
- Practical understanding of one or more of the following asset classes: Fixed Income, FX derivatives, Equity derivatives, IRS or CDS
- Experience collaborating in a fast-paced team environment, and ability to effectively manage and prioritise varied workstreams
- A curious, analytical mind, with ability and drive to problem-solve and work independently
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
We'd love to see:
- Experience drafting regulatory returns, reports or other submissions
- Familiarity with UK/EU trading venue perimeter issues and/or operational resilience landscape
- Experience supporting or reporting to a senior governance or risk management group/committee
*Please note we use years of experience as a guide but we certainly will consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary for the role.
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know that the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at: https://www.bloomberg.com/company/what-we-do/
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organisation that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, colour, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.