Compute Infrastructure Automation Engineer
Posted Apr 28, 2023 - Requisition No. 115916
The Global Corporate Technology Team is responsible for crafting, deploying, and supporting Bloomberg’s internal IT systems. This includes our global corporate network plus all of the hardware, software and enterprise applications used by nearly 21,000 employees in more than 170 state of the art offices around the world. We focus on enterprise solutions, productivity tools, and IT systems integration which helps move all of Bloomberg's businesses forward.
The Operations Engineering team are responsible for implementation, day-to-day support and maintenance of Bloomberg LP's enterprise infrastructure. Our team works closely with Engineering teams, from conceptual stage to production. As owners of the environment we ensure that our infrastructure is always available and enables our employees to be highly productive. In this team and the fast paced environment we work in, we constantly challenge the status quo and look for ways to improve workflows and introduce efficiencies by automation of day to day tasks. We also act as an escalation point, develop operational processes and documentation for the service organization.
We'll trust you to:
- Implement and maintain a scalable enterprise infrastructure
- Identify and develop automated solutions for day to day operational tasks independently
- Work with Bloomberg's software development practices and framework
- Participate in testing new products and develop operational procedures
- Work with vendors to identify and resolve product related issues
- Automate monitoring metrics; identify and troubleshoot service issues
You'll need to have:
- Engineering experience in an infrastructure role with an understanding of the DevOps role as part of an enterprise infrastructure team
- Experience working with Powershell, Python, Ansible or similar
- Experience working with SQL server and SQL queries
- Understanding of Server and Storage fundamentals and methods of interacting with them
- Understanding Security fundamentals best practices including SSL certificate management
- Good understanding of Incident and Change management principles
- Strong problem solving / troubleshooting skills
- A Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, similar field of study or equivalent work experience
We'd love to see:
- Experience in the financial services industry
- Experience with log aggregation applications and building dashboards
- Working in an Agile environment
- Experience working with server virtualization
Interviewing with us:
We believe interviewing is a two way street. It's a way for us to get to know you and your skills, and also a way for you to learn more about the team, our technical challenges, and what you'd be working on. The content of each interview round will be tailored to the role and your background, but the general framework can be found here:
We want to ensure you can put your best foot forward throughout the process, so if you have any questions or need any accommodations to be successful, please let us know!
We have a lot of opportunities to choose from in Engineering, and it is important to us that your skills and experience align best with the team you are interviewing with. To help ensure you are placed on the right team, your application will be considered for all of our current vacancies in Engineering at the first stage of the interview process.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, colour, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or firstname.lastname@example.org