Content Indexer Specialist - Data Management Lab (German Speaker)
Posted Oct 23, 2023 - Requisition No. 121035
Bloomberg runs on data. Our products are fueled by powerful information. We combine data and context to paint the whole picture for our clients, around the clock – from around the world. In Data, we are responsible for delivering this data, news and analytics through innovative technology - quickly and accurately. We apply problem-solving skills to identify innovative workflow efficiencies, and we implement technology solutions to enhance our systems, products and processes - all while providing platinum customer support to our clients.
As a member of our News Indexing team based in London, you will be responsible for automated classification of the world's most meaningful financial and economic news with the aim of further entrenching Bloomberg as the leader in the financial news market.
We use proprietary and open-source software to automatically retrieve, parse, prioritize and tag news in German from social media sites, news feeds, web sites and other sources that run on the Bloomberg Professional Service. We also build and maintain our complex taxonomy of classification tags according to our clients’ needs. Our work is not theoretical or hyper-specific – it is practical and impactful. As we maintain and enhance our existing infrastructure, you'll also be a key part of our transition to models-based classification, a key focus of our broader Human in the Loop workflows.
We’ll trust you to:
- Use proprietary software to build hierarchical rules to classify content in German. You will require a curiosity about international news and perform research in order to identify topical themes of interest to our clients.
- Support news annotation tasks in English and German to develop pioneering processes focused on natural language processing, data science, machine learning, and text analysis as we build the next generation of Bloomberg’s proprietary news classification products.
- Identify suitable news sources in German and be the subject matter expert for the German news product
- Find opportunities to build efficiency in our processes and complete your ideas
- Collaborate with our partners in Product Strategy, Sales, Analytics and Engineering to understand our clients’ needs from German speaking countries.
You'll need to have:
- Fluency in German and an active interest in business, finance and politics
- Bachelor’s degree in subject areas such as Linguistics, Journalism, Library Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Data Science, Computer Science
- Minimum of 4+ years of relevant work experience
- Knowledge of broad financial markets and concepts
- Problem solving skills and attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proven understanding of customer service and experience in building strong relationships with partners
- Project management experience with the ability to deliver on tight turnovers
Please note we use years of experience as a guide but we certainly will consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary for the role.
We'd love to find someone who has:
- Experience with data annotation or deeper human-in-the-loop machine learning projects
- Knowledge of German market trends, themes and drivers
- Experience in editing, writing, curating, labeling or assigning news stories.
- Experience in using categorization, filtering or mining software (such as OpenCalais, Datasift, GNIP, Inxight, IDOL, Verity, Clear Forest, Microsoft Fast)
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, colour, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or firstname.lastname@example.org?