Content Indexer Specialist
Posted Jul 5, 2022 - Requisition No. 105184
Bloomberg runs on data, and our Data team acquires and supplies it to our clients. Teams work to collect, analyze, process and publish the data which is the backbone of our iconic Bloomberg Terminal -- the data which ultimately moves the financial markets! We’re responsible for delivering this data, news and analytics through innovative technology - quickly and accurately.
As a member of our News Indexing team based in London, you will be responsible for automated classification of the world's most important financial and economic news with the aim of further entrenching Bloomberg as the leader in the financial news market. We use proprietary and open-source software to automatically retrieve, parse, organize and tag news from social media sites, news feeds, web sites and other sources that run on the Bloomberg Professional Service. We also build and maintain our complex taxonomy of classification tags according to our clients’ needs. Our work is not theoretical or hyper-specific – it is practical and impactful.
We’ll trust you to:
- Use specialized software in order to build hierarchical rules that automatically classify Bloomberg and third-party news, as well as data from social media sites. You need to have a keen curiosity about news and perform research in order to identify news topics and modify or build news classification rules accordingly
- Identify accurate and reliable news sources and act as subject matter expert for the news product
- Find opportunities to create efficiency in our processes and execute on your ideas
- Collaborate with our partners in Product Strategy, Sales, Analytics and Engineering to understand our clients’ needs and build a best-in-class news product. In addition, you will also partner with our Sales and Analytics groups to promote our news product and ensure strong customer uptake
- Develop cutting-edge processes focused on natural language processing, data science, machine learning, and text analysis as we build the next generation of Bloomberg’s proprietary news classification products
You'll need to have:
- Strong interest/ knowledge in financial and economic news
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to pay close attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proven understanding of customer service and experience in building positive relationships with stakeholders
- Professional project management experience in information management with the ability to deliver on tight deadlines
We'd love to See:
- Knowledge of European market trends, themes and drivers
- Experience working on data science projects and technologies, especially using NLP techniques to deal with unstructured text corpora
- Experience in editing, writing, curating, labeling or assigning news stories
- Experience in using categorization, filtering or mining software (such as OpenCalais, Datasift, GNIP, Inxight, IDOL, Verity, Clear Forest, Microsoft Fast)
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, colour, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or email@example.com