Content Indexer Specialist
Posted Dec 14, 2022 - Requisition No. 112364
Bloomberg runs on data, and our Data team acquires and supplies it to our clients. Teams work to collect, analyse, process and publish the data which is the backbone of our iconic Bloomberg Terminal -- the data which ultimately moves the financial markets. We’re responsible for delivering data, news and analytics through innovative technology - quickly and accurately. As a member of our News Indexing team based in London, you will be responsible for automated classification of the world's most meaningful financial and economic news with the aim of further entrenching Bloomberg as the leader in the financial news market. We use proprietary and open-source software to automatically retrieve, parse, prioritize and tag news from social media sites, news feeds, web sites and other sources that run on the Bloomberg Professional Service. We also build and maintain our complex taxonomy of classification tags according to our clients’ needs. Our work is not theoretical or hyper-specific – it is practical and impactful. As we maintain and enhance our existing infrastructure, you'll also be part of our transition to models-based classification.
We’ll trust you to:
- Use proprietary software to build hierarchical rules to classify content. You will require a curiosity about international news and perform research in order to identify topical themes of interest to our clients.
- Identify accurate and reliable news sources and be the subject matter expert for the news product.
- Find opportunities to build efficiency in our processes and complete your ideas.
- Collaborate with our partners in Product Strategy, Sales, Analytics and Engineering to understand our clients’ needs.
- Support news annotation to develop pioneering processes focused on natural language processing, data science, machine learning, and text analysis as we build the next generation of Bloomberg’s proprietary news classification products.
You’ll need to have:
- Strong interest in financial and economic news.
- Demonstrated knowledge of broad financial markets and concepts.
- Problem solving skills and attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven understanding of customer service and experience in building strong relationships with partners.
- Project management experience in information management with the ability to deliver on tight turnovers.
We’d love to find someone who has:
- Bachelor’s degree in subject areas such as Linguistics, Mathematics, Statistics, Data Science, Computer Science.
- Experience with human-in-the-loop machine learning projects.
- Knowledge of European market trends, themes and drivers.
- Experience in editing, writing, curating, labelling or assigning news stories.
- Experience in using categorization, filtering or mining software (such as OpenCalais, Datasift, GNIP, Inxight, IDOL, Verity, Clear Forest, Microsoft Fast).
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, colour, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or firstname.lastname@example.org