Posted Jul 26, 2023 - Requisition No. 117860
We are looking for a Content Producer to join Bloomberg Television’s newsroom in London. This role is a critical part within a show production team - responsible for the visual elements the show needs from the live broadcast to digital distribution. There are four hours of live programming Monday-Friday starting at 6am through 10am with the shows Bloomberg Daybreak Europe, Bloomberg Markets Today and The Pulse with Francine Lacqua. Each show will have a dedicated Content Producer who will be working alongside the production team and talent to ensure all segments have appropriate production value and will be the point person for creating any digital/social content for the show.
We'll trust you to:
- Create video and graphics that include but not limited to:
- Thrive in a live news environment, breaking news, quick deadlines, fast-paced but diligent.
- Be proactive - pitch ideas, be creative, bring your expertise to the table and elevate our content.
- Be precise in sourcing content and creating elements for your work, we have an extensive internal library of video and images as well as multiple sources to obtain content from.
- Deliver your content to multiple destinations, be familiar with various digital platforms and metadata requirements that are crucial for digital success.
- Be a self-starter and have the ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Be flexible with working hours to accommodate global production schedules and news events. Early mornings are a requirement with your day starting as early as 3am and working nine hour days.
- Work well under pressure in a fast-paced newsroom environment, be able to pivot and react as news events evolve.
- Be highly motivated, accurate and detail oriented in your work
- Have strong communication skills and collaborate across the newsroom with producers, assignment desk editors and journalists.
- Have solid news judgment and editorial knowledge to be able to produce clips for digital and social platforms. You will be required to write headlines and social language.
- Work closely with the executive producer, show producers and talent on segments
- Support your show team and be able to fill in roles with schedule changes.
- Work with various programs throughout your shift including the Bloomberg Terminal, editing software, newsroom programs and distribution tools
? VOs (video overlays)
? SOTs (soundbites)
? SOT Strings
? Produced Opens
? Multicam interviews
? Interviews with translations
? Graphic templated headshots
? Full screens
? Social first content
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 3 years of newsroom experience
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience with social media publishing platforms
- Experience using newsroom planning tools
- Flexibility working with new programs and cloud based technology
- Flexibility with hours/ability to work weekends and holidays
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know that the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (mailto:AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net) (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (mailto:EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net) (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (mailto:APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net) (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or firstname.lastname@example.org (mailto:email@example.com)