Content Support Specialist - Content Acquisition (Exchanges)
Posted Feb 5, 2024 - Requisition No. 123020
Bloomberg runs on data. Our products are fuelled by powerful information. We combine data and context to paint the whole picture for our clients, around the clock – from around the world. In Data, we are responsible for delivering this data, news and analytics through innovative technology - quickly and accurately. We optimise the value of our data by combining our domain and technical expertise to make our data fit-for-purpose, timely and accurate. We apply our problem-solving skills to identify innovative workflow efficiencies, and we implement technology solutions to better manage our data.
You're on the pulse of market movements and live for the details beyond the headlines. You love to build relationships and always look to provide excellent customer service. As a natural problem solver, you thrive on building innovative solutions to complex problems. We are looking for a highly creative and motivated individual to work in the exchange data & business team in our London office. This is an exciting opportunity for individuals who enjoy working in a dynamic, deadline-driven environment to deliver the highest quality real-time data to our customers across all asset classes such as equities, derivatives and fixed income.
As a senior data analyst, you are responsible for developing real-time market data feeds from exchanges. This includes managing projects, building relationships, and providing support to our clients for exchange market data. You will focus on providing our clients (both internal and external) with high-level customer service on all questions related to our exchanges data. In addition, you will lead projects to improve workflows, automate, maintain and improve existing content. You will work closely with our clients, Exchanges, Engineering and other internal teams to ensure successful support and delivery of Exchange products to Bloomberg customers.
We’ll trust you to:
- Manage existing exchange data content and provide front-line support for all exchange market data on Bloomberg;
- Understand and advocate for the Bloomberg Real-Time Pricing Data Model to provide exceptional service to Bloomberg customers and stakeholders looking to leverage the value of normalized data;
- Build collaborative relationships with the exchanges by having a deep understanding of the technology they use, their data goals and challenges to offer outstanding services;
- Liaise with various internal teams such as Data, Engineering, Product, Sales and clients to improve workflows, automate, maintain and improve existing content;
- Act as the main point of contact for any issues with exchange market data and support the Data teams to resolve problems, improve data quality and on-board new content;
- Become a true subject matter expert in exchange market data and build up an in-depth understanding of how our customers consume market data;
- Utilize proprietary technical tools to troubleshoot market data pricing issues as they arise, to ensure timely response to clients and upholding Bloomberg's commitment to best-in-class customer service.
You’ll need to have:
*Please note we use years of experience as a guide but we certainly will consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary for the role.
- 4-5+ years of recent work experience* in the Financial Services Industry, including exchanges, market data providers or financial institutions*
- Demonstrated experience of at least one asset class e.g. Equities or Derivatives or Fixed Income;
- Demonstrated experience in proactively identifying gaps within existing processes and taking the initiative to drive process improvements, operational and workflow efficiency;
- Comfort with a high degree of autonomy, and shown ability in managing priorities from multiple internal and external partners;
- Demonstrated ability to take a logical approach and apply critical thinking skills in order to solve problems;
- Demonstrated experience in foundational project management including an ability to develop project plans;
- The ability to work independently and in a team environment under deadlines, demonstrating self-motivation;
- Strong project management, writing, presentation & organisational skills.
We’d love to see:
- Experience in one of the following programming languages - Python/SQL/VBA;
- Demonstrated continuous career growth within an organisation.
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, colour, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or email@example.com