Content Writer, Europe | Contract Role Bloomberg Media Studios
Posted Mar 1, 2022 - Requisition No. 101039
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. The buzz of a tech startup. We work hard, and we work fast-while keeping up the quality and accuracy we’re known for. It’s what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time.
At Bloomberg Media Studios, we develop creative solutions for brands that leverage Bloomberg’s mission, intelligence, and equity for our core audiences.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a journalist and content creator keen to explore and shape the dynamic, growing world of branded content.
Bloomberg Media is looking for a Commercial Content Writer to join its in-house studios team researching, creating and editing commercial content. You’re comfortable working in a cross-disciplinary team to interpret client briefs and develop stories, copy, content and ideas, as well as diving into the data to turn facts into compelling content in numerous formats (digital, video, print, social and audio). You must have a proven track record in journalism. Client-facing experience would also be useful, but not essential.
The role is part of an expansion of Bloomberg Media Studios team and follows significant growth in content partnerships among leading business, finance, technology and luxury brands, as well as large-scale projects for governments and multinationals.
Reporting to Bloomberg Media Studios' Editorial team, this is a busy role within a fast-paced team.
We'll trust you to:
- Contribute to numerous editorial projects across Bloomberg Media's multiplatform portfolio, which includes digital, TV, print, social, radio and live events.
- Write and edit short and long form copy, social promos, as well as conduct interviews and event reporting when necessary.
- Research, discover and interpret Bloomberg’s proprietary data, as well as data from other reliable sources, to tell engaging and impactful stories that will resonate with Bloomberg's - - C-Suite business audience.
- Work closely and collaborate with the Studios and wider Bloomberg Media team, as well as Bloomberg analysts, designers and project managers to bring creative solutions to life using Bloomberg’s data and trends for a wide range of B2B and B2C clients.
- Have the ability to build strong relationships to work within a global, multidisciplinary internal team.
You'll need to have:
- 3-5 years of business journalism experience, expertise in covering international trade, Environmental, Social and Governance criteria, and macrotrends would be a distinct advantage.
- Copywriting/content creation and video work/scriptwriting experience preferred.
- Creative or content/publisher/agency/consultancy experience desirable.
- Ability to explain abstract, complex or cutting-edge ideas in a straightforward way.
- Broad knowledge of social media and digital communications.
- Experience of working in a fast-paced, client-facing, media environment.
- Good presentation and time management skills.
This is a great opportunity for a journalist to exercise the more creative side of the craft, with the chance to help shape multimedia projects from pitch stages through to execution. The ability to find the right editorial hook, create compelling copy and keep your audience top of mind remains paramount.
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or email@example.com