Core Terminal - Holdings & Funds Product Manager
Posted Sep 14, 2022 - Requisition No. 108559
The Companies, Markets & Analysis (CMA) team is looking for a Product Manager to join our core Terminal Holdings and Funds strategy team. In this role, you will focus on defining and executing on particular holdings-based Terminal products which amongst others may cut across security ownership analytics, holdings-based fund flows and/or ESG analytics for ETFs & Funds based on workflows you help determine to be the highest priorities with the greatest expected return on investment. You will further be responsible for driving the holdings data roadmap for the core Terminal including exposing 13F filings, ETF and Fund holdings products, insider holdings, etc.
In this critical role, you will collaborate closely with other product managers focused on CMA’s Fund Investor Strategy, Enterprise Data, Enterprise Products, Bloomberg’s ESG team, and Global Data to ensure we are developing and executing on cohesive firmwide strategies.
We’ll trust you to:
- Build a business plan and product roadmap which considers return on investment, cost of build and time to market
- Develop metrics (OKRs) to measure business impact and success
- Own the Core Terminal holdings data roadmap and collaborate extensively with other stakeholders from around the firm including Global Data, Data Technologies, Enterprise Data and Enterprise Products
- Own and manage customer facing holdings-based functionality such as HDS
- Scope out, define and manage various high priority projects involving our holdings data which may include fund level ESG, flows and/or ownership analytics
- Contribute to execution of holdings-based workflows in support of CMA’s Fund Investor Strategy or other associated high priority strategies across the firm
- Work closely with our Sales Team, Market Specialists and customers to define and vet your product roadmap
- Keep tabs on the competitive environment and client trends
- Lead an agile development process through JIRA including drafting of stories, identifying acceptance criteria & staging incremental releases
- Keep internal stakeholders advised of progress throughout the development lifecycle
- Work with Marketing and Sales to promote releasable product to clients
We are looking for someone who is hard-working, strategic and a strong collaborator. Someone with a proven track record of execution and measurable success. The candidate should demonstrate strong leadership skills, the ability to influence through indirect management, have excellent oral and written presentation skills, high energy, love building client relationships, strong organization and project management skills, a true interest in identifying client problems in need of a solution and high attention to detail.
We’d love to see:
- A strong understanding of holdings-based data, analytics and fund investing workflows. We don’t expect every candidate to be a master of all but you should have strong knowledge of at least some relevant aspect of holdings such as:
- Various data sets that contribute to our holdings data product (e.g., 13Fs, ETF/Fund data, Forms 3,4, 5, 13D/G, etc.),
- Holdings based analytics (e.g., ownership, portfolio/risk, ETF/fund investing, ESG exposure)
- Fund flows
- BA/BS in Business, Finance, Accounting, CFA and/or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of hands-on product experience either as a Product Manager, Data Team Lead/Manager, Market Specialist / Sales Rep or as a portfolio manager or analyst focused on ETFs, Funds, portfolio holdings analytics, ESG or other relevant subject matter.
We’ll expect you to be:
- Detail oriented and smart
- Creative and able to identify and develop solutions to solve real customer problems
- Able to manage others through influence
- Strong written and verbal presentation capabilities – Experience working with Powerpoint and/or Google Slides
- Able to sell your product ideas to senior management, sales and ultimately to clients
- Highly organized and able to coordinate and manage projects with multiple stakeholders including other product managers, engineers, global data as well as involving multiple Bloomberg business areas
- Excited to collaborate
- Enthusiastic to build the best products possible
- Fun to work with
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.