Corporate Events Analyst
Posted Feb 5, 2018 - Requisition No. 64999
You enjoy finding opportunities within the financial markets driven by market or company events. You are always listening to the pulse of the financial markets for the latest news and movements.
You dig deeply into companies to understand the actions they take and why. You look beyond the headlines to understand the importance of the underlying data and how events are related across companies and industries.
You enjoy solving various problems and creating efficiencies. You’re just the sort of person we are looking for to join our Corporate Events team in Global Data.
Bloomberg runs on data. We are responsible for managing, interpreting, enhancing and reporting corporate events content for equity markets and other asset classes including funds. With market complexity increasing, managing our corporate events in the timeliest and most accurate manner while delivering key insights to our clients stands as a top priority. Leveraging deep product knowledge, strong client relationships and interactions, and innovative thinking we are constantly striving to develop the best-in-class Corporate Events product.
Our team covers all equity-related corporate events including: distributions, IPOs and equity changes.
What you can expect from this opportunity?
You will take part in the Global Data Training Programme for two-weeks which will help you build the foundation for your entire career at Bloomberg. Joining the Global Data Departments means that you are a part of one of the world's leading sources of data, providing accurate, up-to-the-second insights for financial market professionals. You will develop the product knowledge, learn about our clients and their needs and build relationships throughout the company. The training will teach you financial concepts, data and the functions of our state-of-the-art Bloomberg Terminal.
As your experience grows, you will be expected to have greater influence on Bloomberg's coverage of the Corporate Events product, whether that is through technical or market expertise, project management or leadership.
We will trust you to:
- Develop and increase knowledge across all Corporate Events
- Maintain, improve and deliver accurate, high quality information for the Bloomberg Terminal
- Assist our world-renowned client support help desk with escalated client inquiries
- Apply problem-solving skills to identify innovative work-flow efficiencies and implement technology solutions to enhance our processes and software
- Liaise with other departments, such as Product, Sales, News and Research & Development to enhance relevant product databases
- Manage data projects related to Corporate Events
- Take ownership and be active with key areas of responsibility
We need you to have:
- BA/BS in Business, Finance, Informatics, Mathematics, Economics or equivalent work experience
- Knowledge and proven experience information technology and statistical analysis or computer programming (for example VBA, SQL, MATLAB, Python, Regex)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, particularly client management
- Up to 2 years of prior experience or strong knowledge of corporate finance
- Keen interest in information management and technology and product development
- Ability to adapt in a fast paced changing environment
It would be great if you had:
- A background in equity markets with additional knowledge of corporate events
- Business level fluency in a Scandinavian language
- Prior leadership experience
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or firstname.lastname@example.org.