Corporate Systems Security Analyst
Posted Mar 3, 2021 - Requisition No. 83351
About Bloomberg Corporate Technology:
The Global Corporate Technology Group is responsible for designing, deploying, and supporting Bloomberg’s internal IT systems. This includes our global corporate network plus all hardware, software and the enterprise applications used by nearly 21,000 employees in more than 170 state of the art offices around the world. Corporate Technology is a world-class global team of Engineers, Architects, and Administrators. We focus on developing enterprise on premise and cloud based solutions, productivity tools, and IT systems integration. Corporate Technology helps evolve the employee experience and keeps Bloomberg’s business moving forward.
Corporate Systems Security Analysts are responsible for securing our corporate desktops, servers, storage systems and enterprise and SaaS based applications. We are an agile team, which focuses solely on improving and maintaining the security posture of our organization. We work closely with other Security teams within the organization to accomplish these goals. Daily responsibilities can include reviewing and responding to security related events and requests, evaluating processes, and determining appropriate end-users access controls. Our main objective is to be a strategic business partner enabling employees to seamlessly perform their roles effectively while still maintaining and adhering to Bloomberg's rigorous security standards.
You will need to have:
- 3+ years* of experience in comparable role
- Proficiency with Windows Operating System and Active Directory
- Proficiency creating and deploying Microsoft Group Policy Objects
- Proficiency in at least one scripting language such as Powershell or Python
- Experience providing technical guidance for the operation of endpoint protection tools, i.e. McAfee, MS Defender
- Proven initiative in further growing knowledge in security space
- Good communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to take initiative
- Dedication and ability to collaborate with team members
- Experience providing superb customer service
*Please note we use years of experience as a guide but we certainly will consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary for the role.
We would love to see:
- Experience implementing security controls for server and desktop tools in an enterprise environment
- Experience with log aggregation tools like Splunk and Humio
- Experience working within an Agile framework
- Working knowledge of security controls for SaaS offerings such as M365 and GSuite and IaaS offerings such as AWS, GCP, and Azure.
- Working knowledge of utilizing and applying controls with Active Directory Group Policies, MS Intune and JAMF
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.