Credit Market/Structured Finance Reporter - London
Posted Mar 20, 2019 - Requisition No. 74278
The energy of a newsroom. The buzz of breaking a big story. We work hard and we work fast, setting the news agenda. We are known for our quality, accuracy and ability to deliver news investors can use. It's what keeps us inventing and re-inventing, all the time.
We're looking for a Bond Market Reporter for our Markets team, based in London. You'll sit on a fast-paced team helping to break news of new bond sales across Europe. We'll need you to help chase down the details of new primary market deals quickly and accurately. In time, you will also help spot and write about some structured products, such as asset backed and mortgage backed securities, in one of the fastest growing corners of the European debt markets.
You should be comfortable working under pressure and get a buzz from breaking news and beating the competition. A good understanding of corporate finance and debt issuance is preferred.
We'll trust you to:
- Cover breaking news with speed and accuracy
- Work with existing sources and develop new ones to ensure we're always first with the news
- Write insightful, thought-provoking stories
- Collaborate with colleagues across teams and countries
You'll need to have:
- Previous experience in journalism, preferably in real-time news
- Ability to write quickly and accurately
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
We'll expect you to:
- Help break news quickly under pressure
- Utilize your contacts in the investor, trader and banking community and also develop new sources
- Distil actionable information from breaking news
- Be a team player
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we’re a good match. We'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.