Bloomberg News is one of the biggest financial and business news organizations in the world. We lead the way in breaking news about mergers and acquisitions, initial public offerings and other events, enabling readers, viewers and listeners to stay a step ahead of the markets.
The global Curation team is at the heart of Bloomberg News. We help get the right news to the right clients via collaboration, coding, machine learning and more. You're a great judge of stories, enjoy being proactive, and are a good team player. You're excited by the idea of being on a new team that's at the vanguard of new technology adoption.
We'll trust you to:
- Monitor the wires in conjunction with colleagues during the European day
- Collaborate with teams across Bloomberg News, as well as Core Product and Application Specialists, to direct the right stories to the right places
- Be proactive in finding areas for improvement and figuring out how to make them better
- Be flexible in adapting to new technologies and operating methods
- Operate relatively independently and communicate with your manager proactively, as you will be in a different region from your management chain
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Proven business journalism experience
- Experience working at a real-time news organization
- Knowledge of the economy, financial markets and business
We'd love to see:
- Familiarity with coding, machine learning and/or natural language processing
- Working knowledge of how to navigate social media
- Familiarity with news across multiple beats or asset classes
- Proven skill at collaborating and working across departments to accomplish goals
What's in it for you?
- Visibility across Bloomberg News and with other parts of the company
- Opportunity to help set the direction of a newly created, global team
- Chance to work with technology that's changing the industry
- Relatively predictable schedule and hours
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match and we'll get in touch with you to let you know next steps. In the meantime, check out http://www.bloomberg.com/europe.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.