The global Curation role is at the heart of Bloomberg News. We help get the right news to the right clients via collaboration, coding, machine learning and more. You're a great judge of stories, enjoy being proactive, and are a good team player. You're excited by the idea of being part of a group that's at the vanguard of new technology adoption, and working closely with the European Credit Markets team.
We'll trust you to:
- Monitor the wires in conjunction with colleagues during the European day
- Collaborate with teams across Bloomberg News, as well as Core Product and Application Specialists, to direct the right stories to the right places
- Be proactive in finding areas for improvement and figuring out how to make them better
- Be flexible in adapting to new technologies and operating methods
- Operate relatively independently and communicate with your global Curation colleagues and your manager proactively
- Manage time and multitask well, as you'll work with both the Curation and the European Credit Markets teams
- Report and/or edit stories on the credit markets
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Proven business journalism experience
- Experience working at a real-time news organization
- Knowledge of the economy, financial markets and business
We'd love to see:
- Familiarity with coding, machine learning and/or natural language processing
- Working knowledge of how to navigate social media
- Familiarity with news across multiple beats or asset classes
- Familiarity with, or willingness to learn about, how to cover credit markets
- Proven skill at collaborating and working across departments to accomplish goals
If this sounds like you:
Apply! If we think you're a good match, we'll get in touch with you to let you know next steps. In the meantime, check out http://www.bloomberg.com/europe.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.