Customer Financial Services – Credit Control (Spanish or French speaker essential)
Posted Feb 24, 2023 - Requisition No. 114326
We are a global business and financial information and news leader, giving influential decision makers a critical edge by connecting them to a dynamic network of information, people and ideas. To be successful we need people and teams who have the passion and pace to deliver to our clients. Our teams consist of individuals who are analytical, organised and results oriented with a passion for great customer service.
The Customer Financial Services team is a fast-paced team, playing an integral role within the company. Based in Central London, the team is responsible for the whole of the Europe, Middle East and Africa region.
What's in it for you?
- You will be responsible for ensuring the timely receipt of invoices and cash collection.
- You will work alongside internal departments to answer client queries and bringing them to a resolution.
- You will work alongside our New York billing team to resolve pricing issues and terminal inventory disputes, as well as attend regular team meetings with Sales to build strong working relationships and identify key areas for improvement.
We will trust you to:
- Maintain positive relationships with our customers by providing excellent service
- Log all collection notes on our database or the internal ticketing system
- Be accountable for a sizable collections portfolio and meet specific, targeted goals related to the aging of open receivables
- Be responsible for processing customer refunds, write-offs, escheatable items, and preparing delinquent customers for third party collections
- Collaborate with our internal Sales, Contracts, Installations and Billing Teams in order to resolve outstanding issues
You must have:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Fluency in English AND either French or Spanish
- Ability to multi-task, trouble-shoot and solve complex problems while utilising multiple system interfaces and addressing a high volume of work within a fast-paced environment
- Ability to adjust priorities quickly under pressure in order to meet deadlines
- Flexibility within a constantly changing environment
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to cooperate and collaborate effectively with team members
We would love to see:
- 1-3 years* of recent and relevant experience in accounting operations, corporate collections, and/or Accounts Receivable
- Proven ability at successfully managing a large-scale account portfolio
- Previous experience in a customer service or client-facing role
- Knowledge of SAP
- Interest in Finance and/or Accounting
*Please note we use years of experience as a guide but we certainly will consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary for the role.
Does this sound like you? Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organisation that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, colour, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or email@example.com