DBG Core Representative
Posted Apr 30, 2019 - Requisition No. 74874
The Desktop Build Group (DBG) works closely with Bloomberg clients and prospective clients to find solutions to business needs using the Bloomberg API for Excel. Last year we delivered over 2500 projects to clients and our Excel solutions on the Bloomberg Terminal are used by over 120,000 financial professionals. We are a global team with colleagues based in London, New York, San Francisco, Sao Paulo, Hong Kong, Singapore, Tokyo and Sydney.
Do you want to belong to an inspiring and supportive community that’s well respected in financial markets and be part of a group directly contributing to the company’s bottom line? Keen to contribute solutions and ideas to our Market Leading Excel Solution Library for finance professionals? Interested in combining Excel skills with business acumen to build P&L impacting solutions for our clients?
What's the role?
You will use your financial market knowledge to consult with Bloomberg clients or prospective clients, helping them to develop and implement their investment strategies and research leveraging BQL, our Excel APIs, and VBA. You will have a direct impact on Bloomberg revenue by collaborating closely with our colleagues in account management to develop new tactical desktop applications to help sell Bloomberg Terminals. Additionally, your solutions will be used by potentially many thousands of financial market professionals.
Your role will involve full life-cycle development building client prospect lists, initial pitches, requirement gathering, prototyping, implementation, deployment and adoption.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Partner with our sales coverage to build tactical solutions to increase revenue opportunities for the company
- Assisting with migration projects - gaining a deep understanding of client workflow to move potential clients over to the Bloomberg platform
- Reach out directly to clients to build them complex BQL queries that limit their API data consumption, and lock in Bloomberg adoption
- Proactively work with sales to build campaigns that strive to displace competitor products or look to seek wide scale BQL adoption
- Maintain and support Excel solutions accessible via the Bloomberg Terminal
- Occasional travel may be required
We will make sure you have access to relevant training and continued support from the team which will allow you through experience to gain:
- In depth knowledge of BQL, Terminal functions and Bloomberg APIs
- A deep understanding of financial markets and investment processes on both buy-side and sell-side
- A stronger understanding of data science
- Skills in using BQL, Excel, VBA and Python
You’ll need to have:
- Good knowledge of BQL and MS Excel, with a willingness to learn other programming languages
- Previous experience working in financial markets and specific knowledge in one or more asset classes (Equities, Fixed Income, Commodities, FX, etc.)
- Previous experience executing successful sales strategies and calling campaigns
- A strategic mind set and demonstrable commercial acumen which allows you to weigh up the business opportunities of a project before execution
- Confidence and an ability to have highly articulate and consultative interactions with clients
We would like to see:
- Knowledge of other programming languages such as Python, R or similar
- Experience or qualifications in Data Science
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we’re a good match. We’ll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps but in the meantime feel free to browse this:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.