Data Engineer - Workflow Development
Posted Apr 23, 2019 - Requisition No. 74789
At Bloomberg, our products are fuelled by powerful information. We combine data and context to paint the whole picture for our clients, around the clock – from around the world. In Global Data, we’re responsible for delivering this data, news and analytics through innovative technology - quickly and accurately.
Enterprising – and not defined by conventional roles. Our goal is to innovate, redefine, and break boundaries in expanding our modern data business. In Global Data’s Technical Operations, our focus is on data engineering and how data is acquired, processed, validated and stored. We are constantly innovating to create better, more efficient systems to handle the huge variety of data we acquire, process and deliver to our clients.
We're looking for a Data Engineer to join our team in the London office to focus on process design and workflow management. You’ll be joining a dynamic team responsible for using and developing technologies to enhance our acquisition, data processing abilities, and automation methods. You will design and develop systems that improve internal processes by realising technology efficiencies, as well as identifying and pursuing opportunities to improve and streamline Global Data’s day-to-day operations.
Your focus will be on analysing existing processes and identify ways to improve on the status quo. You will be challenged to think critically, to question both the existing operating models and the current technology utilisation, in order to establish an innovative and seamless workflow experience for the end-user. You will be expected to leverage our Business Intelligence toolkits and to work closely with stakeholders in order to define a plan of action that will bring efficiency, improve quality, and increase transparency in the day-to-day operations. You will be encouraged to work independently and to manage your own priorities, while also collaborating with experienced team members and colleagues across regions.
As a valued member of our team, we’ll trust you to:
- Work with leaders and teams across the department to learn their about their business, understand the main challenges they face, and identify the strategic opportunities
- Take a business analysis approach to workflow design: leverage business intelligence and process analysis to identify areas for improvements in existing operations and to drive the decision making process
- Design, develop, and deploy solutions that impact workflow processes, procurement and relationship management, data capture, and quality control management, by leveraging proprietary software – like GDW, Gigwork and DFR – alongside industry standard solutions – like JIRA
- Measure the impact of the team’s engagement with other parts of the business using our Business Intelligence dashboards, web apps and static documentation (e.g. QSEN, Splunk)
- Communicate effectively with stakeholders throughout the project development lifecycle
- Monitor, maintain and troubleshoot issues for the production systems you are responsible for
Successful applicants will likely possess:
- B.A./ B.Sc. in Business Analytics or related field of study, and / or professional work experience in the area of process analysis and data management
- Familiarity with the Global Data Tech Stack: JIRA, EHUB, QSEN, Gigwork
- Full spectrum of project management experience: from idea generation through to project delivery
- Proven ability to set a vision and plan for the long term, while working on immediate priorities
- A self-starter attitude, creative problem solving skills, and experience with diverse data processes and systems
- Great team player attitude, focusing on delivering value for the department through effective collaboration
- Excellent communication skills, especially when explaining technical processes and solutions to business stakeholders and management
Does this sound like you?
Apply! We’ll get in touch and let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.