Posted Nov 1, 2022 - Requisition No. 111079
At Bloomberg, our products are fuelled by powerful information. We combine data and context to paint the whole picture for our clients, around the clock – from around the world. In the Global Data department, we’re responsible for delivering data, news and analytics through innovative technology - quickly and accurately. We’re looking to hire qualified Data Engineering professionals into our Global Data Macro group, who collaborate closely with subject-matter experts on datasets for our New Energy Finance, Commodities/Power/Gas and Economics products. The successful candidate will use their subject-matter expertise, understanding of clients’ needs, and demonstrated technical expertise to enhance our data products by collaborating with subject-matter experts and Engineering to build data pipelines for Bloomberg’s premium content. They will also play a key role in optimising workflow solutions to improve automated data Extraction/Transformation/Processing (ETL), or internal operations, to improve the timeliness or quality of our datasets. They will build strong working relationships with other data teams and departments such as Product or Engineering, and will collaborate to onboard high priority datasets, ensure interoperability and create meaningful data solutions for our clients to supercharge their analysis. As a leader in the organisation, they will train and mentor others and are trusted to deploy code to our production environment.
We’ll trust you to:
- Collaborate broadly: Deliver successful project outcomes by collaborating with stakeholders across the business and keeping up momentum to deliver high-quality solutions within agreed timescales
- Ensure quality: Design, develop, and deploy data quality validations written in Python to drive quality improvements and standards across the team, improving areas such as accuracy, completeness, consistency and reliability.
- Design data models: Choose optimal data solutions and design flexible schemas for our data to improve the way clients interact with and analyse multiple datasets joined together
- Productionize data pipelines: Identify opportunities to improve the efficiency of the ETL pipeline by building robust automated solutions for data capture, standardisation & loading and human-in-the-loop data processing
- Drive innovation: Draw on your programming knowledge to scale and standardise pipelining across our team and the department, always identifying opportunities to improve efficacy, quality or interoperability
- Achieve your purpose: Optimise processes, lead projects, and improve the quality of the products sought by internal and external end-users
You’ll need to have:
- 2+ years* of programming and scripting experience in a Python production environment
- Strong foundation in data modelling, SQL & NoSQL database systems
- Proficiency with Python, git, unix, microservices Web services and API usage
- Consistent track record of using technology to innovate data products and processes
- Familiarity with statistical modelling and machine learning methods to solve real world problems
*Please note we use years of experience as a guide but we certainly will consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary for the role.
We’d love to see:
- A BA/BS degree or higher in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, a relevant data technology field, or equivalent professional work experience in software development, data engineering, data science or information technology
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, colour, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or firstname.lastname@example.org