Posted Aug 7, 2018 - Requisition No. 68591
The Global Data department within Bloomberg collects and analyses millions of data points used by over 325,000 Bloomberg clients on a daily basis. The Technical Operations team, within the Global Data department, drives the direction and implementation of technical solutions that make this possible.
We work closely with colleagues in Global Data, Engineering, Sales and Product Development, to understand their unique product processes and needs. This allows us to design and build technical solutions to market specific challenges that may create brand new products for our clients, improve internal productivity, increase data quality and expedite the delivery of product to our clients. We do this by developing and leveraging an end-to-end technology stack made up of proprietary and open-source technologies. The Technical Operations team is responsible for setting the strategic direction of this technology stack, and the implementation of solutions using it.
What’s the role?
We are looking for a Data Engineer to join our team of experienced developers in our new London office. As a developer you will build automated data processing solutions which minimize human involvement in on-boarding and maintaining a large variety of external datasets. You will also design data flows for teams across Bloomberg while developing new products.
What you can expect from this opportunity?
- The ownership of processes which are critical to delivering Bloomberg products to clients
- The flexibility to be creative and innovate, to challenge the status quo by introducing new data management technologies and techniques
- The chance to collaborate with exceptional colleagues located across the globe on a broad range of projects covering multiple asset classes
- A unique opportunity to develop your technical skills, analytical techniques and financial market knowledge in a single team
- To explore the adoption of new technologies and solutions in areas such as machine learning, automation and data extraction
We’ll trust you to:
- Design data flows tailored to specific products needs
- Implement end-to-end ETL and automation processes targeting minimized human involvement
- Develop re-usable software components
- Manage all aspects of the project life cycle, including communicating with stakeholders across the firm to understand domain specific business needs
- Think beyond current objectives, anticipating future technical needs of our business, to drive the direction of our end-to-end technology stack
You’ll need to have:
- Experience in writing software in one or more languages, ideally Python
- Strong technical problem solving skills, good ability to troubleshoot and debug
- Experience in data modelling, data engineering, software design, ETL
- Experience in leading technical projects through a full lifecycle
- A proven ability to systematically approach tasks and to manage multiple, at times changing priorities and expectations
We’d love to see:
- Experience using machine learning techniques in the financial domain
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are!
In the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process.
If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Open date: 29/08/2018
Close date: 26/09/2018
Salary: Competitive + Benefits