Data Privacy Lawyer - London
Posted Sep 27, 2018 - Requisition No. 70980
Bloomberg’s Legal Department plays a meaningful role in supporting our businesses and operations around the world. We move quickly and thoughtfully to help address a variety of complex legal issues that come with being the world’s leading financial news and information company. Our team is made of up of talented and hardworking legal professionals who think creatively and work collaboratively in an open environment to deliver results, drive innovation, and tackle complex issues.
You will be part of a team that recognizes the value of diversity and inclusion and the importance of giving back to our communities as evidenced by our award-winning pro bono program.
Reporting directly to the Head of Legal for Europe (based in London) and Senior Privacy Counsel (based in Washington DC), you will be part of an experienced team responsible for data privacy and security matters, providing advice on legal requirements and assessing compliance processes
We’ll Trust You To
- Advise on data privacy and security legal requirements
- Advise on issues related to third-party transactions and arrangements, including arrangements with vendors and event sponsorships
- Develop compliance mechanisms for new products and services
- Be actively involved in product development and drafting relevant customer facing documentation
- Draft and negotiate contractual provisions with customers, vendors, and partners
- Respond to third-party questionnaires and enquiries
- Advise on marketing legal requirements
- Actively monitor and advise on local and global legal developments
You’ll Need To Have:
- A law degree and be a qualified lawyer in a major European jurisdiction
- 3-8 years PQE from a law firm, in-house and/or in the government
- A passion and ability to advise senior business people on data privacy matters
- Prior experience responding to regulator and customer inquiries
- Expertise in EMEA laws, rules, regulations, and industry standards.
- Knowledge of APAC laws, rules, regulations, and industry standards
- Experience advising on marketing laws
- Ability to collaborate effectively with security and risk professionals, engineers, software developers, product development, Human Resources, and other teams
- Strong communication, presentation and negotiation skills and the ability to thrive in an open office environment
- You care about attention to detail and have excellent organizational skills
We’d Love To See:
- Experience working with regulated financial institutions, software and other technology companies
- A real passion for being part of a global in-house team
- Track record of operating successfully
- In-house experience or a client secondment
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: http://www.bloomberg.com/professional
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process.
If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or firstname.lastname@example.org.