Data Quality Engineer - Financial Services
Posted Apr 16, 2018 - Requisition No. 66541
Bloomberg PolarLake delivers the world’s foremost Data Management Utility to the Financial Markets. Our clients experience immediate improvement in Data Quality, Operational Process & Control, Reaction to Change and Data Governance when they on-board to our Private Cloud - Hosted Service.
Why Bloomberg PolarLake?
At Bloomberg Polarlake, You’ll have the opportunity to go above and beyond as well as work on interesting challenging projects with a number of key partners both internally and externally. We are passionate about people who are excited by innovation, who care about our customers and want to help us achieve our mission to “Simplify Data Management”. If this sound like you. We’d love to hear from you.
What is Bloomberg PolarLake? Click on the link https://vimeo.com/191984727 and See for yourself!
What’s the role?
Do you share our passion for data quality, know how to work with world class engineering teams and want to drive the direction of our product?
As a Data Quality Engineer you will have responsibility for shaping our Data Quality platform, building innovative solutions using deep Data Analysis techniques and produce
What we would like you to have;
- Technical degree; Computer Science or Math background highly desired.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly.
- Extensive experience collaborating with senior management (IT & Business), application architects, infrastructure engineers and business analysts to identify, design and implement highly complex, end to end solutions.
- Experience of data feeds from vendors such as Bloomberg, SIX, Telekurs, IDC, Markit.
- Extensive data modelling experience on relational or graph databases.
- Experience of semantic web technologies (OWL / RDF), standard ontologies (FOAF, ORG and Dublin Core) and semantic modelling is advantageous.
- Experience working with structured and unstructured data sets.
- Development focused, with proven ability to analyse and model structured financial data using advanced statistical methods and implement algorithms and software needed to perform financial analysis.
- Experience in dimensional modelling and data model optimization for BI.
- Hands on development experience using Python, Java, C#, C++ and R.
- Proven ability in data visualization.
- Strong customer-focus and dedication to quality
- Ability to deliver comprehensive and detailed analytical reports
- Strong team player; flexible, adaptable and able to work in fast paced environment;
- Ability to drive information gathering and to document business, functional and non-functional requirements of Data/BI initiatives.
- Strong understanding of the data used in the Risk Management and Securities industry (Security Master, Index Data, Pricing, Entity Data and Corporate Actions), Investment banking is desirable
- Familiar with two or more of the following concepts; Data Quality, Data Classification/Taxonomies, Data Transformation, ETL, Time Series Data.
- Basic knowledge of or exposure to machine learning, data visualisation, and artificial intelligence techniques (clustering, regression, classification, etc.) is advantageous.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
If this sound like you. We’d love to hear. Please apply by following the link.