Data Quality Team Leader - Data Management Lab
Posted Nov 21, 2023 - Requisition No. 121727
Bloomberg runs on data. Our products are fuelled by powerful information. We combine data and context to paint the whole picture for our clients, around the clock – from around the world. In Data, we are responsible for delivering this data, news and analytics through innovative technology - quickly and accurately. We apply problem-solving skills to identify innovative workflow efficiencies, and we implement technology solutions to enhance our systems, products and processes - all while providing platinum customer support to our clients.
Data quality is of strategic importance to our organization. As data underpins the Bloomberg product offerings, the quality of our data products directly correlates with our clients’ ability to make decisions and realize value.
The Data Quality team sits centrally within Data, alongside our Business Intelligence and Process Engineering teams (collectively, ‘Data Product Management’), and supports Data by enabling data product teams to appraise their Data Products from our clients’ perspective, identify root cause of observations, and take specific action to effect positive change in order to meet their clients’ requirements. By operating a client focused data quality strategy, we ensure data products are delivered to meet or exceed the expectations of the end-user.
Our team partners closely with different Data Product teams and Engineering counterparts, to champion solutions that meet the data needs of our client-facing products. Primary themes in this area include owning the continual refinement of the best practices and application of industry aligned data management principles, as well as the development of the tooling and measurement solutions necessary to report on the fitness-of-use of our data products.
As the leader of the Data Quality team, you’ll be hands-on with your team in empowering colleagues across our department to effectively use a quality-first approach to data management. You’ll promote a proactive posture to drive positive change across our wider department, by deploying your established expertise within data management, along with a sound analytical approach in reasoning about quality, to ensure the data products we deliver meet the needs of our end users.
We’ll trust you to:
- Develop, communicate, and implement a cross departmental data quality strategy, with data product delivery and client needs as focus;
- Invest in, and develop team members' abilities to establish a deep domain expertise in their respective area of specialization, while promoting a culture of cross team collaboration and shared accountability with a common goal;
- Promote an analytical approach to quality management and decision support, with an hypothesis driven posture for projects and initiatives, backed by empirical reasoning;
- Collaborate closely with global DML counterparts, in particular Business Intelligence and Process Engineering, to ensure aligned consistency in approach, delivery and contribution to shared resources;
- Establish close partnership with Engineering counterparts on priorities and direction of infrastructure needs to support our long-term data quality vision.
You’ll need to have a strong combination of:
- 3+ years* of formal people leadership experience, or strong informal leadership experience from leading large projects with multiple counterparts;
- Strong professional experience within the data quality domain, supported by industry certifications like DAMA CDMP, DCAM, Six Sigma;
- Exceptional stakeholder management skills, able to thrive in a relationship driven environment to establish strong credibility with counterparts across the organization;
- Strong hands-on technical/analytical skills, with experience in statistical analysis to support decision making;
- Ability to lead and oversee multiple projects in parallel, with proven project management and time leadership skills;
- Results oriented, with experience in aligning team and individual level goals to the broader vision of the organization;
- A creative and flexible approach to problem-solving, coupled with an experimental posture, to challenge past assumptions and promote new ways of thinking;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, allowing you to accurately communicate business needs and requirements and to advocate on behalf of your team;
- Up-to-date knowledge of financial markets, and how Bloomberg products deliver value to our clients.
*Please note we use years of experience as a guide, but we certainly will consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary for the role.
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, colour, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or firstname.lastname@example.org