Data Quality Trainer - Consultant
Posted Sep 22, 2023 - Requisition No. 120205
Bloomberg runs on data. Our products are fueled by powerful information. We combine data and context to paint the whole picture for our clients, around the clock – from around the world. In Data, we are responsible for delivering this data, news and analytics through innovative technology - quickly and accurately. We apply problem-solving skills to identify innovative workflow efficiencies, and we implement technology solutions to enhance our systems, products and processes - all while providing platinum customer support to our clients.
At Bloomberg, our team is responsible for providing learning opportunities to develop the skills of our nearly 2,000 Data employees. We collaborate with all teams across Data to ensure that we deliver the highest quality educational development. We also roll up our sleeves to create our own platforms for the training and documentation.
We strive to make our curriculum exciting for both trainers and trainees; we use innovative interactive technology, and have a highly collaborative team, to ensure success for everyone. We aim to encourage participation and provide opportunities for trainees to learn from each other and the professionals within Data.
We'll trust you to:
- Teach a variety of classes for experienced data professionals
- Collaboratively define course structure, content, and delivery method to produce high quality training
- Produce technical user documentation and case studies to support self-directed and e-learning
- Work with domain experts to collaboratively craft content and deliver courses
- Develop a deep knowledge of Bloomberg technologies and work across functional teams to stay ahead of with rapidly advancing enhancements
- Capture requirements from technical partners and continuously adapt to business priorities
- Be a problem solver and think creatively
You’ll need to have:
- 3+ years of relevant work experience*
- Experience in data quality management, quality assurance consulting or establishing data governance
- Proven experience in data profiling/ analysis using tools such as Python, SQL, Excel
- Experience in crafting and developing metrics and reporting across organization
- General familiarity with other data management domains and how they interact with data quality
- Superb communication skills, both written and verbal, and the ability to communicate concepts in a concise, logical manner
- A passion for learning, teaching, and mastering sophisticated system functionality
- Ability to comfortably and confidently present to groups of 20+ people using a variety of delivery methods
- Ability to learn new technologies and techniques quickly through instruction and self-training
- Relevant data training work experience
- Ability to flexibly adapt to a changing environment
*Please note we use years of experience as a guide, but we certainly will consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary for the role.
We'd Love to see:
- Certification in DAMA CDMP or EDM DCAM similar
- Ability to lead discussions and actively influence the development of new strategies to improve course offerings
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or info@@employ-ability.org.uk.