Data Rights and Entitlements Internal Services Product Manager
Posted Jun 9, 2022 - Requisition No. 104319
Bloomberg runs on data. Data drives the Market. The Content Acquisition & Business Management (CABM) department is responsible for managing, acquiring and integrating content and data from Exchanges, Brokers, Sell-side and other types of providers to drive the value of the Bloomberg Terminal and downstream products to our customers.
Within CABM’s Data Rights and Entitlements team, we work with expert engineering teams, data rights & entitlement specialists, contracts analysts, technical account managers, Product Managers and senior leadership to build a robust data rights technology framework. This proprietary technology ensures we have the appropriate controls in place so that it’s clear who can take what actions with what information, and when, under what circumstances, using what methods.
We’re looking for a seasoned Product Manager to lead this technology framework that is critical to advancing our resilience around data rights & entitlements.
You’re an experienced professional who is familiar with market data provider policies, such as entitlement and reporting. You love building relationships and working seamlessly across business lines. You are passionate about building products and crafting a system of decision rights and accountabilities for information-related processes. You are a self-starter with true entrepreneurial spirit, and have the vision and know-how to use technology to build meaningful and efficient solutions for our internal and external clients. You are steadfast in the pursuit of risk mitigation
We’ll trust you to:
- Understand market data and technology in order to develop and drive the data rights strategic vision for Bloomberg’s proprietary 3rd party data infrastructure
- Establish, track and monitor value realization metrics for the data rights products
- Be accountable for enablement, adoption and growth of data rights products
- Serve as the focal point between engineering, data rights specialists and product managers of other Bloomberg products to ensure the appropriate integrations are in place
- Efficiently manage and communicate product vision, strategy, measurement/reporting, prioritization, and backlog
- Plan, design, test and implement solutions to complex problems
- Develop and deliver reports & technical requirements documentation
- Use qualitative and quantitative discovery techniques to measurably tackle hard problems
- Follow technology trends and developments in the data, product management, and financial markets spaces
You’ll need to have:
- Extensive experience in a Product Management role, ideally in Data Governance
- Data management consulting or industry experience with master data, metadata, data architecture, data governance, data quality, data modelling, data standards, or data strategy
- Demonstrated understanding of the techniques and methods of product discovery and product delivery
- Demonstrated ability to conduct user research and surface insights that lead to outcomes
- Strong leadership skills and experience, with emphasis on implementing projects in a matrix organization
- Acute problem-solving and analytical abilities (in particular, experience conducting product discovery by analyzing operational/usage data and by interviewing users)
- Experience setting and executing against product metrics/ OKRs
- Experience working with Scrum/Agile methodology
- Interest in financial markets
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, colour, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or firstname.lastname@example.org