Posted Nov 2, 2022 - Requisition No. 111117
Bloomberg's Management & Enterprise Business Intelligence Group helps business leaders at the company make better, data-driven decisions. Within the larger group, the Data Science Solutions team supports the business by building data products, hardening data pipelines, and providing analytics and statistical analyses. We arm Sales with data to optimise prospecting and retention efforts. We enable Product teams to build better products by providing deep insights into customer behaviour. We also build products using usage data to improve customer experience on the Terminal.
We are looking for an experienced data scientist to join our team. You will work alongside engineers, product managers, sales managers, and data scientists from across the organisation to solve sophisticated business problems. You will be responsible for using our extensive data sources to provide both rapid solutions to urgent business questions as well as building products that serve internal/external clients. The day-to-day is a mix of data exploration, analytics, stats/ML, and stakeholder management.
You'll need to have:
- A minimum of 4 years* work experience (or advanced degree) in the use of statistical analysis and machine learning techniques (e.g. regression, classification, clustering, time series, etc.)
- A minimum of 4 years of coding experience in Python
- Experience in constructing complex queries in SQL and in pyspark/pandas
- Experience testing and validating statistical hypotheses
- Experience with Excel and presentation software
- Experience with data visualisation toolkits and graphics generation
*Please note we use years of experience as a guide, but we certainly will consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills needed for the role
We'd love to see:
- Experience with command line and GIT
- Experience with Hadoop/Hive/Postgresql
- Experience with NLP methods
- Experience putting machine learning models into production
- Experience with experimental design
- Ability to work with and explain technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders
- Outstanding ability to break down large, sophisticated business problems into discrete, achievable steps
- Ability to lead and balance multiple projects
- A passion for solving business problems and making an impact
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organisation that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, colour, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or firstname.lastname@example.org